Web phone at website

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Web phone at website

Postby bghayad » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:30 am

Hello;

vicibox 7.0.3, vicidial 2.12-15, Build 160508-0139, asterisk 11.22.0-vici, Single Machine

Regarding to web phone (viciphone):
What I need exactly is to have web phone inside my website so the visitors can use the web phone to talk with our call center instead of calling us through the landline.
But I have read in the following link https://viciphone.com/?page_id=351 that it is required to have asterisk version 13 or later in the following syntax:

Asterisk 13 or later (browsers stopped supporting Asterisk 11)

And as we know that vicidial currently is running on asterisk version 11.25.1-vici so it will work with the needed scenario or I have to install asterisk version 13 and configure SIP trunk with vicidial which is running based on asterisk 11.25.1-vici?

One more thing: there is no manual mention where I have to set the asterisk IP address in the viciphone?

So as a summary:
It is required to place the source of the viciphone at my web server and it is required to set the IP address of asterisk server in the viciphone (at certain file, which is not mention where) and it is required to do the configuration at asterisk server to make it accept the calls from the viciphone, am correct or missing something?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Web phone at website

Postby bghayad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:08 am

Any help?
I would to know if it is possible or not?
Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 am

Yes it is possible with Asterisk 13, but our efforts on using the VICIphone WebRTC phone are more focused on use by agents, not for customers using a web page, so you will have to go through a lot more manual configuration and setup to get that working.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bghayad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 am

so you will have to go through a lot more manual configuration and setup to get that working

* This more manual configuration is the need for installing asterisk 13 which will work with viciphone webrtc and then having sip trunk with vicidial asterisk, or you mean by this manual configuration is to be done on vicidial to let it work with the viciphone webrtc without need for asterisk 13?

If possible to give me link or hint about the needed to be done and I can read and do tests, then I will come back for you whenever I stick.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Postby bghayad » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:56 pm

Hello Matt;

Hope you are doing fine.
Please, how can you help me in this direction?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Return to Features