MONITOR THROUGH THE CORDLESS PHONE

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

MONITOR THROUGH THE CORDLESS PHONE

Postby isakovk » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello,
I am using VERSION: 2.4-359a.
I have 30 seat call center, and every station is labeled Station01,02 and ETC.
Is there a way for me to use a cordless phone, and listen in on the calls.
For example if i want to listen to station01, i can just press dial 01?
Or maybe there is some other way for me to do it.
I know there is a way through the conference, but the #s are so long, and it would make a lot of complications.

Please help.
Thank you in advance.
isakovk

Re: MONITOR THROUGH THE CORDLESS PHONE

Postby udy786 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:04 am

Yes its possible.
I have implemented on a a server with Audiocode Device. I have created a extension on server and configured on a port of Audiocode also created a dialplan to monitor any calls so when you want to monitor any call then just need to that prefix and any extension number.

Need to put any wireless phone's set wire on port of Audiocode that we have configured. After that just press prefix and extension....:)
udy786

Postby Acidshock » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:18 pm

You can use an analog telephone adapter and put a cordless phone on it. That makes things very easy. I also sometimes use a tablet and a softphone to allow call center managers to walk around and QC the floor.
VERSION: 2.14-698a | BUILD: 190207-2301 | Asterisk:13.24.1-vici | Vicibox 8.1.2
Acidshock

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:56 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method and vicidial version with build.

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "from scratch" you must post your operating system and should also post the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Search eBay for: SIPURA Linksys SPA1001

This is just ONE example of such a device. There are plenty of others out there. This one's just easy. Be SURE it is NOT LOCKED! It is configured via a built-in mini-web-browser.

This device becomes a VOIP phone except it can connect to any generic phone from walmart with the regular wall-plug (it only provides the "conversion", you must supply the "phone"). Including cordless phones. About the size/shape of a pack of cigarettes. Can be connected to the local network and run a long phone wire (perhaps already built-in to your office?) to a location where you want the phone. Alternately it can have a long network cable to a workstation (perhaps already built-in to your office?) to a workstation and then have a short telephone wire to the phone. It can even be configured to link to a Vicidial server in another location.

4) Then you will use the Vicidial Manager's Manual to Monitor/Barge from the RealTime Screen (there are other methods, such as dialing directly into the conference, but this requires knowing the conference number).

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Features