Servers handing off dead calls to each other

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Servers handing off dead calls to each other

Postby David_ONeal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Hello,

So we have a problems with our Vicidial servers where they are handing off dead calls (calls with no one there on the other side) to each other. The part that really has been melting my brain is that some of the servers communicate perfectly fine with a few other servers, and at the same time hand off these dead calls to other ones.

I have a hard time explaining how its working, or rather not working, so I've gone ahead and drawn a diagram.. But I guess I cant post HTML for a little while so I'll do my best. :shock:

We have five server running Vicidial, and they all seem to be in sync as far as I can tell, except 2, lets say srvA and srvB, connot receive calls being handed from srvC.

I've been over their extensions conf over and over again and I can't seem find anything that would cause this problem, but experience with Vicidial and Asterisk is limited, so any guidance in this how I might be able to fix this problem, or where I should be looking, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

David O'Neal
eCreek Solutions Group
Systems Administrator
David_ONeal

Postby mflorell » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Asterisk version?

vicidial.php version and build?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby David_ONeal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right info, but I think this is what you're looking for:

Asterisk 1.2.24 currently running on trabajo
Asterisk 1.2.24 currently running on tweak
Asterisk 1.2.24 currently running on cartman
Asterisk 1.2.24 currently running on Kenny
Asterisk 1.2.24 currently running on stan

VERSION: 2.0.4-119 BUILD: 71125-1751
David_ONeal

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Asterisk versions should be fine, you should upgrade VICIDIAL to at least 2.0.4.1rc5.

Beyond that you would need to look at the Asterisk CLI output and logs after you had a list of dead calls that it was transferring to figure out exactly why that was happening.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support