vicidial scratch installation

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

vicidial scratch installation

Postby arvindsandilya24 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:23 am

I want to installing vicidial scratch installation on FEDORA 9.
I have installed full FEDORA 9 on my system.
on my system all required packages are already installed.
such as MYSQL, etc.
Now,
How to follow the notes of scratch installation of vicidial.

I'm trying to install but when i installing perl modules , DBD-MYSQL is not compiling when we try to install manually.

when i try to install by CPAN> prompt, gives some messages YAML is not installed.

Please help me.

Thanks & regards
Arvind
arvindsandilya24

Postby mflorell » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:51 pm

SCRATCH INSTALL was designed for Slackware not Redhat-family distributions. I would recommend using Slackware or making sure you install all development packages and cpan modules using yum.

Also, I do NOT recommend using Fedora/Redhat/CentOS.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:08 pm

If you MUST use Redhat, then your best bet would be to go to a forum that supports CPAN and see if they can help you complete that portion of the install on Redhat. They probably can. But remember that when you are complete there, you will still have to deal with sound quality issues with a "generic" kernel, and that can be time consuming and expensive. And that's assuming you get that far before running out of money (there are a lot of components required to make Vicidial run smoothly).

If this is your first box, you are MUCH better off beginning with VicidialNOW or a SCRATCH install from the directions unless you are an Expert in Redhat.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

dbd-mysql

Postby arvindsandilya24 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 am

I have implemented vicidialnow 5 to 6 locations, it is working fine.
But now i want to install vicidial scratch installation.

Thanks & regards
Arvind
arvindsandilya24

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:25 pm

have you considered doing the scratch installation on the OS they list in the scratch installation? that will make you much more familiar with a scratch installation and then when you try RedHat, you may be more able to do so. Otherwise, you'll need to find support for RedHat now. I think if someone here were able to answer your question, they'd have dropped in on you already, so honestly your best bet is to use slackware. (I use Gentoo, and it seems to work very nicely here, too.)

I'm sure there are directions for CPAN on RedHat, but I'm not seein' a response here, so perhaps someone on a CPAN or RedHat forum will be able to lead you in the right direction.

If you have several vicidial's running, I'd think you'd go slackware, but if you have a client who wants Redhat, that's my advice. Hope it helps.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support