Problems doing consultative transfers to external numbers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Problems doing consultative transfers to external numbers

Postby jjohnson78 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:06 pm

We have about four reps set up to dial numbers and transfer them to an outside office in another time zone - this is the first time we've attempted transferring to an outside office. I set the Transfer-Conf Number fields in the campaign settings to the other office's number, and set up the rest of the campaign similar to the other ones we're currently using to front calls.

Most of the time the consultative transfer seems to be working, but about 10% of the time the reps will click the button to transfer and nothing will happen - no clicks, beeps or ringing. That's the most frequent problem we have, but we also had an instance where the call dropped while the fronter and verifier were on the phone, and once in a while when the fronter disconnects it also disconnects the customer (I think that particular problem was mentioned in another post here). I checked the rep's error console in Firefox and there were no script errors reported.

We're on astguiclient 2.0.5-175 and the asterisk version on the fronter servers are 1.2.24. I can provide the output from the FASTagiout, action_full, etc. if needed.
jjohnson78

Postby mflorell » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:36 pm

Upgrade to more recent SVN trunk, there have been several fixes to transfer-conf since the version you are using.

When doing the upgrade, make sure you dothe upgrade_2.0.5.sql portion very carefully, only running the queries that have not been run(look at the db_shcema_version).
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support