t last I was able to integrate with Vicidial TrixBox

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

t last I was able to integrate with Vicidial TrixBox

Postby Ivanchomg » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 am

Already I could make the integration with TrixBox Vicidial.

Finally ...

It's not as tough as had been thought.
Ivanchomg

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Can you do a yum update after the install and have everything still work? :)

How do you have the VICIDIAL call paths going through FreePBX?

How are you retaining control of callerID on VICIDIAL calls going through FreePBX?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nortelguy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:16 pm

mflorell wrote:Can you do a yum update after the install and have everything still work? :)

How do you have the VICIDIAL call paths going through FreePBX?

How are you retaining control of callerID on VICIDIAL calls going through FreePBX?

Ugh I have aproblem with caller ID when the calls are passed via SIP to my BCM. What could cause this ?
Nortelguy

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Could you tell us more about the exact problem you are having?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nortelguy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:45 am

mflorell wrote:Could you tell us more about the exact problem you are having?

Me ? I hate to thread jack but seeing that triggered me to reply because I am unable to figure out why. From what I can gather so far is when the call is transfered from script to script is where the callerid gets lost. Basiclly when the call arrives on the nortel the caller it says "V3818187387181782" something along those lines.
Nortelguy

Postby mflorell » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:00 pm

That would be the callerIDname, what is the callerID number that is coming with?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nortelguy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:50 am

mflorell wrote:That would be the callerIDname, what is the callerID number that is coming with?

It should be the potential clients number showing up on the other PBX handset. Or have I misunderstood your question ?
Nortelguy

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:00 am

OK, now I understand, this is for remote agents when the call is sent on to the remote agent. Currently it should be getting set to what the campaign callerID out is set to, and it does not have an option for sending the callerIDnumber of the customer that was called. This is not a bad feature and I will put it on the development list, but without sponsorship it will take a while before it would be implemented.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nortelguy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:26 am

mflorell wrote:OK, now I understand, this is for remote agents when the call is sent on to the remote agent. Currently it should be getting set to what the campaign callerID out is set to, and it does not have an option for sending the callerIDnumber of the customer that was called. This is not a bad feature and I will put it on the development list, but without sponsorship it will take a while before it would be implemented.

Wow can't believe nobody else using remote agents has seen this problem yet ..I am trying to get approval for a service contract from you guys. I am on my own at the moment with help from this forum. :( So at the moment I guess, its also a plus . Baptized by fire is the best way to learn :)
Nortelguy

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:23 pm

We did have a client mention this to us once, but they would not put any money up to implementing it because it was not mission-critical so it was never developed.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Nortelguy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:35 pm

mflorell wrote:We did have a client mention this to us once, but they would not put any money up to implementing it because it was not mission-critical so it was never developed.

I guess they just figured it would like intended? ;)
Nortelguy

Trixbox and VICI

Postby Ivanchomg » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:30 pm

The method for integration Trixbox - Vicidial

The setting in the server trixbox with a extension iax2 for where are the so-called tracer.
Add the extensions in the dial plan of the two servers and BUALA.
Ivanchomg

Return to Support