How to set up trunks?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to set up trunks?

Postby fairch » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm

I am completely new to Vicidial, although I do have some familiarity with pbxinaflash and Trixbox.

I downloaded the vicidialnow .iso file, burned the CD, booted, and everything in the installation seemed to go fine.

I needed to change the IP address, and after much Googling, finally figured out to use the system-config-network command. I am now able to access the Administration login using the default username and password from another computer on our LAN, by pointing to the appropriate IP address using Mozilla Firefox.

My question is, do I have to edit the iax.conf file, and whatever other files using a text editor? Or, is there a GUI for this, similar to FreePBX? I can't find anything in the Vicidial menus about setting up trunks, and although I do have the free version of the Administrator's manual, I can find nothing about setting up trunks.

Just based on the name "ASTguiclient", it seems like there ought to be a more user-friendly method than using vi or nano?

Thanks much to everyone to help in making available such a large and sophisticated application, and with a support community to answer questions like mine!
fairch

Postby mflorell » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:21 am

You must edit the conf files directly.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support