Real-time screen- agents reported in incorrect status- DISPO

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Real-time screen- agents reported in incorrect status- DISPO

Postby okli » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Using 2.0.5 on 2 similar independent servers.
1st is with the latest version from SVN trunk
Admin.php- VERSION: 2.0.5-142 BUILD: 80909-0553
2nd is VERSION: 2.0.5-136 BUILD: 80719-1351
Asterisk 1.2.30.2 on first and 1.2.26.2 on second server. Debian ETCH AMD64 on both.

Occasionally on the real-time campaign screen agents are reported being in DISPO, while it should be INCALL as they are. This happens on both servers.

Sometimes agents have to make a long call to a customer- say like 10-15 minutes. It almost always stays as DISPO. Loadavg doesn't matter- it's happening with 0.10 and with 1.5.

Any ideas how to resolve or where to look at?
Will provide any additional information, not sure what could be useful.
okli

Postby mflorell » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:18 pm

What kind of call handling are you doing?
inbound, outbound, blended, manual

How frequently does this happen?
one call in 10, one call in 100, one call in 10000

What kind of agent stations are you using?

When an agent is shownin DISPO status on that report, it really means that they are in PAUSE or READY status but still have lead information in their vicidial_live_agent record.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby okli » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:48 pm

It's outbound predictive dialing.

How frequently does this happen?
Hard to say as all agents are remotely connected from another countries and I can only check if they are really in a call by entering the conference room, at the same time I can't see what's on their screen, but entering the conference room reveals that they are still in a call with the last customer.
Today I saw similar problem only a few times in the morning. For the whole afternoon I can't see it. Yesterday I saw it at least 10 times, if I am not wrong, happened mostly with manually dialed calls, continued for longer time. This might be misleading, not 100% sure.

What kind of agent stations are you using?
Zoiper, the latest free version using IAX to the vicidial boxes. Same happens with 2 agents, connecting with Linksys PAP2T stations using SIP.

First vicidial box is using as a SIP trunk another asterisk box, second is with IAX to the same trunk. All three in a local network.
When an agent is shownin DISPO status on that report, it really means that they are in PAUSE or READY status but still have lead information in their vicidial_live_agent record.
Didn't quite get this part. Can you please elaborate a bit more where the status is taken from, so I can follow the path and see where it breaks.

Thanks for your time once again, you are really amazing with your support.
okli

Postby mflorell » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:16 am

What kind of bandwidth are the agents connecting with?

What are the specs on the agent machines(CPU/RAM/OS)?

As for the READY/PAUSE status, that is the status in the vicidial_live_agents table.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby okli » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:23 am

The agents closest to the server are on 3/1Mbps ADSL. Celeron 1.7GHz/256 RAM using Opera 9 or Firefox 2 on Windows 2000. SIP account with Linksys PAP2T.

Others are on P4 1.8GHz / 512RAM / XP / Firefox 2 and Zoiper as a softphone, using IAX to the server.I-net is I believe 1Mbps symmetric for 5-6 agents. The others are with a similar setup.

As for the READY/PAUSE status, that is the status in the vicidial_live_agents table.
Which AGI script updates that table? I can log in when server is idle and watch AGI output and vicidial_live_agents table, while only I am in a call.
okli

Postby mflorell » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:01 pm

More than just AGI scripts update that table, the auto_dial perl script and the agent PHP scripts also update that table.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby okli » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:37 pm

I will be watching this issue closely next weeks, hopefully will catch some logic when it happens.
Can you give me a few clues what might be causing it or what to watch closely?
okli

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:11 am

Usually it is something like the auoto-pause in the AST_VDauto_dial.pl script that will pause agents that have had a 10 second or longer delay in their browser reporting back to the web server.

Make sure you have server logging enabled and look in the /var/log/astguiclient/ directory for the autodial log file.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support