Help with config files & dialplan

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Help with config files & dialplan

Postby ciacho » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:39 am

Hi,

I tried to use other solutions for Call Center (Elastix + call center module), but found VICIDIAL and I am impressed by his capabilities.

I have a fresh install of VicidialNOW (default config files).

I want use SIP Provider (VOIP Discount) for all outgoing calls.

I use Voiper as a softphone (IAX2 protocol).

In Elastix I have a web gui configuration of trunks, etc.

I need a little help to make it all started to work nicely.

I've working Elastix configuration and would like to transfer it to Vicidial. Configuration files sip.conf, extensions.conf differ significantly from each other (in Elastix they are creating a macro, etc.). Here's the setup screens of Elastix.

Trunks:
czytanie.c0m/elastix/trunks_1.jpg
czytanie.c0m/elastix/trunks_2.jpg

Outbound Routes:
czytanie.c0m/elastix/outboud_routes.jpg

(please replace 0 with o)

I would like to ask You for help, what and where should I put in config files?
ciacho

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:06 am

the extensions.conf files that any FreePBX interface(like Elastix/trixbox/etc...) creates are almost always a confusing mess that will result in all sorts of problems with VICIDIAL call flows.

First, you have to move all of the associated AGI scripts as well as figure out how to remove total control of CallerID setting from FreePBX before you can even get VICIDIAL working.

Then there is the issue of using FreePBX dialplans and the reduction in capacity of your system(over 50%) as compared to a basic dialplan.

Your best bet is to start on a dialplan from scratch so you won't have problems.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support