Integration between Vicidial and Asterisk

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Integration between Vicidial and Asterisk

Postby edugs15 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Hello,

We have a Call Center, that handle inbound and outbound calls, running :
- Asterisk 1.4.18.1
- 2 E1 (60 zaptel channels running R2 MFC signalling)
- 40 agents using X-lite softphones

We are using a Call Center managment software, of our own development. Agents login to Asterisk, by using a WEB client, and mannualy make calls, and receive inbound calls from queues.

We will now apply Vicidial for outbound calls.

My question is : How can I use Vicidial with this Asterisk running ?

I'd like to ask for help with these questions bellow :

1-) Can I install Vicidial in a separate server (running Asterisk 1.2.x, PHP, Astgui, Apache, Mysql), with no zaptel channels, and make Vicidial use, for dialing, zaptel channels installed on my Asterisk 1.4.18.1, via trunking IAX ?

2-) Can I configure Vicidial for routing completed calls to my agents logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, via trunking IAX, maybe by using queues specially configured for that ?

3-) Will my agents, logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, have to also login into Vicidial via Vicidial agent ? This way they will have to login twice, to our Call Center suit, and to Vicidial.

In general, we want and need to install Vicidial, in order to improve our performance regarding outbound calls, but we just can't give up my current Call Center suit.

In fact, I just don't know how to do that.

Could you please help me with this ?

Thanks.
edugs15

Postby pylinuxian » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:40 pm

I would go for a scratch install of vicidial and use it in native mode (alone with no trunking to other boxes... (well if you need a new product you gotta buy new PRI cards), migrate 5 agents to it. then slowly add agents to it.
pylinuxian

Re: Integration between Vicidial and Asterisk

Postby codehaxor » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:29 pm

edugs15 wrote:Hello,

We have a Call Center, that handle inbound and outbound calls, running :
- Asterisk 1.4.18.1
- 2 E1 (60 zaptel channels running R2 MFC signalling)
- 40 agents using X-lite softphones

We are using a Call Center managment software, of our own development. Agents login to Asterisk, by using a WEB client, and mannualy make calls, and receive inbound calls from queues.

We will now apply Vicidial for outbound calls.

My question is : How can I use Vicidial with this Asterisk running ?

I'd like to ask for help with these questions bellow :

1-) Can I install Vicidial in a separate server (running Asterisk 1.2.x, PHP, Astgui, Apache, Mysql), with no zaptel channels, and make Vicidial use, for dialing, zaptel channels installed on my Asterisk 1.4.18.1, via trunking IAX ?

2-) Can I configure Vicidial for routing completed calls to my agents logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, via trunking IAX, maybe by using queues specially configured for that ?

3-) Will my agents, logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, have to also login into Vicidial via Vicidial agent ? This way they will have to login twice, to our Call Center suit, and to Vicidial.

In general, we want and need to install Vicidial, in order to improve our performance regarding outbound calls, but we just can't give up my current Call Center suit.

In fact, I just don't know how to do that.

Could you please help me with this ?

Thanks.

Question 1: YES, better if you do a split server or multi server setup with 1 central mysql database and several asterisk/vicidial clients installed.

Question 2: havent tried that yet though

Question 3: YES, you can have an extension hardcoded in the browser so that they will just have to login once on the vicidial web interface with only their username and password

the rest please refer to the updated scratch install
codehaxor

Postby mflorell » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:55 pm

It would be a lot easier, better performing and less repeated manual work to just switch everything to VICIDIAL.

What are the reasons you cannot move off of your existing system?

You can direct VICIDIAL calls to a group of agents, but you would either need to give each agent a VICIDIAL login, or you would need to manually adjust the remote agent capacity every time the number of live agents changes.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edugs15 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Hello,

thanks all of you for replying !

The reason I can't move off my system is because customer's desire. This system has been created specially for this customer, in order to provide customized features.

It's certain that our system can not be compared with Vicidial (Vicidial is powerfull), but customer wants to integrate Vicidial.

I am thinking about dedicate a PRI to Vicidial, instead of using channels of our other box for outgoing calls. This way, it makes configuration a lit bit easier, I guess. But still my problems would be :

1-) How to configure Vicidial for routing completed calls to my agents logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, via trunking IAX.

For example :

- Vicidial completes a call
- Transfer completed call, via trunking IAX, to a queue called outgoing, configured in my Asterisk 1.14.18.
- Then, in Asterisk 1.4.18, agents logged in this queue outgoing, could receive and get the call.

is it possible ?

2-) How to make my agents, logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, login into Vicidial as well, via Vicidial agent. This way they will have to login twice, to our Call Center suit, and to Vicidial.

But would my sip softphones have to register both in Asterisk 1.4.18 and in Vicidial ?

For example :

- Agent 1234 on Asterisk 1.4.18, login to the system, via our web client
- This agent is also configured in Vicidial, so they login via Vicidial Agent.
- And what about this softphone being used. Does it has to register on both servers ?

Is there a way by which I can simplify all of this ?

Thanks.
edugs15

Postby pylinuxian » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:40 pm

1-) How to configure Vicidial for routing completed calls to my agents logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, via trunking IAX.

How to make my agents, logged in Asterisk 1.4.18.1, login into Vicidial as well, via Vicidial agent. This way they will have to login twice, to our Call Center suit, and to Vicidial.

Why would you want to do that ? well unless you don't want to buy extra PRI cards then I see no reason.

I have seen some call centers using multiple applications, & then they tell the agents to log in to a specific application; then later in the day another ... depending on business plan that they have. if this is your case then do the same, have two applications ready for your agents (old and vicidial) & tell them to use which ever one you wish, for the softphones you will need two ... one for each app.
pylinuxian

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Yes, agents will have to log into both applications, and they will have to remember to log out of both as well, or calls will continue to be placed.

It would really be MUCH easier if you just switched to VICIDIAL.

What specific features does your customized app have that VICIDIAL does not?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edugs15 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Hello,

thanks for replying.

It's not only about features (Vicidial is much more powerfull, no doubt). This system was created on demand to this customer, includind screens and reports, and that's why they don't want to move it off.

This system is completely in Brazilian Portuguese, as we are in Brazil.

Thanks.
edugs15

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:03 pm

The VICIDIAL client application is available in Brazillian Portuguese :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edugs15 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:36 am

Yes, I know it.

But Manager interface, including reports, are in English.

I've Known that we can translate manager interface, as well, but what about reports ?

Thanks.
edugs15

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 am

Everything should be able to be translated, it just depends on the amount of work to get there. Reports can sometimes be difficult due to abbereviations, but if we have a native speaker working on it with us we can always figure it out.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby edugs15 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm

OK,

I am a native speaker.

How could I help ?

Thanks.
edugs15

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:45 pm

That's great! Here is a link to the instructions for doing the translations:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALwiki/tiki-i ... anslations

You would need to finish the Admin translation before we would spend time on the individual reports.

Thanks!
mflorell
Site Admin

Vicidial como realiza llamadas

Postby Ivanchomg » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:28 am

Necesito ayuda en lo siguiente:
Ya tengo instalado el vicidial y parece que hace una llamada pero no se ve reflejado ni nada en el Asterisk, no se que puede estar pasando.
Ivanchomg

Help Asterisk and Vicidial

Postby Ivanchomg » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:30 am

Not passing the vicidial but said that this calling, but do not see any kind of movement in Asterisk.
Ivanchomg

Return to Support