Lead Recycling Time

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Lead Recycling Time

Postby TroyD » Wed May 28, 2008 1:44 pm

We would like to have our agents call back the leads that we left messages for about a week after we left the last message, but If I am reading the Mgr Manual correctly, the leads recycling (and I understand we can do this manually by adding the dial status to the campaign) timing field is corresponding to seconds, and the field type is of type 'TinyInt" which limits the number from 0 to 65535. Is it possible to change the field type to integer instead so we can increase the time between callbacks to that status to around 700000 seconds (close to a week).. currently its max is about a day.

Just wondered if we change the field type what impact if any it would have on the system??

Thanks in advance :)
TroyD

Postby pylinuxian » Wed May 28, 2008 2:55 pm

IMHO the "call-again" feature you are talking about is meant when vicidial encounters an answering machine how long should it wait before it calls the lead again during the same morning or afternoon or even the current day ... which explains a small unit such as seconds ... & the purpose is right because those numbers should be tried again.

what I do when I have your case, is re-activate the list again next week & simply recycle the statuts that I want.
pylinuxian

Understandably

Postby TroyD » Wed May 28, 2008 4:07 pm

I certainly understand what you mean, I am just trying to automate things a bit more than the dialer is set up to do, your solution would work, however if I can get it to automatically dial those statuses after a week then there would be less for the admin to have to worry about, and it would be assumed that in this "special" campaign, those statuses would get called automatically without having to reset the list. But it is something to think about.. Tinyint is limited to 65535 which is not even equivalent to 24 hours (86400 Seconds).. If I reset my list as well (which is what we are doing at present) it is resetting all of my "called since last reset" flags, I may only want a few statuses to actually reset hence trying to do it with the lead recycling..
TroyD

Postby mflorell » Wed May 28, 2008 11:32 pm

I would recommend using one of the status change perl scripts in "bin", altering it to do a reset on the list and putting it in the crontab to run once a week, or daily for leads called a week ago.

I have done several little scripts like that for clients and they work very well.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby TroyD » Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 am

Great Idea Matt, thanks :)
TroyD

Return to Support