User to run asterisk witn VICIDIAL and Trixbox

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

User to run asterisk witn VICIDIAL and Trixbox

Postby Freddy_rixcom » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:02 am

Hi ALL!
Following instructions to install Vicidial from scratch and integrating it with instructions dedicated to FREEPBX in WIKI, i correctly installed Vicidial on a TRIXBOX server and it works.
Fine tuning the system i saw that TRIXBOX run asterisk as non-root user but if i try to run VD with this config i'm not able to transfer call from predictive to agents. Manual dialing work in both statuses but if i run asterisk as root, VD work perfectly but TRIXBOX web pages cannot connect to asterisk.ctl.
Can someone tell me how to use a single user to run correctly both systems? In trixbox forum someone told me that there are a lot of servers running correctly but not told me how to set up.
I've tried to change owners to VD file and to TRIXBOX files but nothing seem to be useful...
THANKS IN ADVANCE for ANY HELP
Freddy_rixcom

Postby aster1 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:35 am

For freepbx you need the webserver as well as asterisk to run as same user ( or change permissions at many places ) . you can try running apache as root too and it should work fine ( i assume you understand bit of security risks involved ) .
aster1

Postby Freddy_rixcom » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:35 pm

thanks for your help.
Can you tell me wich changes must i do to run webserver with a user and asterisk with another user?
Or, if it's possible, how to run vicidial with another user instead of root? (user asterisk for example)
Thanks a lot for any help.
Freddy_rixcom

Return to Support