NOTICE[13670]: chan_local.c:570 local_alloc: no such extens

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

NOTICE[13670]: chan_local.c:570 local_alloc: no such extens

Postby ejansen » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:31 am

I am trying to swith out my SIP provider. I have entered the SIP information into the sip.conf file and it registers with the provider. I have another extension that I register the soft phone with the provider. When I start a session with the soft phone extension It use to call the softphone to start the session. I can't seem to get the inbound call to the softphone to happen. Can anyone tell me what I am missing in my setup?
ejansen

Postby enjay » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:18 am

The softphone should register with your server not with your provider. If VICIDIAL is expecting to dial the phone at

yourserver->extension

yet your softphone is registered elsewhere then it will not see that extension.
enjay

Previous configuration was to the same server

Postby ejansen » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:31 am

The previous configuration and the configuration that is currently in use registers the sip.conf and the softphone to the same server. I don't know the specifics of what is on the server that the asterisk and softphone are registering too. If someone can point me to some instructions on how to configure the softphone and asterisk to work with vicidial, I would be most grateful.
ejansen

Postby enjay » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:35 am

enjay

I have these instructions

Postby ejansen » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:03 pm

I have these instructions. The issue maybe that we are not using the asterisk server to dial out. We don't have a T1 line physically connected to the server. I need to know how this maybe configured and where to look to make changes for a new provider.
ejansen

Postby enjay » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:07 pm

The information is in the scratch install..

There is other information on configuring SIP providers/phones etc at:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+sip.conf

If it seems to complex you could also look into using a Consultant to help you get things going.

http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/consultants.html

-Art
enjay

Return to Support