Please read before posting for support!

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Please read before posting for support!

Postby kchung » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:42 am

Please read through this before posting for help. By following these guidelines, it will make everyone's life easier and your issue resolved faster.
  1. Everyone is here on a volunteer basis; we're here to help each other out. So please remain polite and patient as we try to work out the problem. Proper Internet etiquette is also welcomed (don't type in caps, cross-posting and spam are evil).
  2. We understand that not everyone's first language is English, but please make your best effort in communicating in English when possible. Also, everyone should respect the fact that not everyone speaks English as their first language, so be nice and patient.
  3. Search the forums, wiki and Mantis before posting. Your problem may already be solved!
  4. Proper subject line should be used. It would be helpful to everyone reading your post and for future support reference. A good subject line should include the problem component and it's problem and version number. Example: Hopper won't fill except with NEW leads in 1.1.12
  5. Whenever applicable, please post version numbers of any software you're using. This includes your Linux distribution, kernel, Perl, Asterisk MySQL, php, or any other affected component of your system.
  6. While our expertise here is ASTGUICLIENT and VICIDIAL, our knowledge does overlap to related areas such as Asterisk, Perl/CPAN, MySQL, php and Linux. You are welcome to post problems related to ASTGUICLIENT and VICIDIAL but you may also find faster support elsewhere, especially non-ASTGUICLIENT or VICIDIAL installation issues, by visiting relevant websites, forums or chat channels on freenode.net.
  7. Your knowledge is welcomed! If you encountered a problem and solved it, please do post your situation so everyone else can learn. Also, if you request help here and we helped you fix the problem, please come back and post the steps of how you applied our help in fixing the problem.
  8. You may also be requested to fill out a bug report at our bug tracker. Please do it at your earliest convenience so we can work on the problem.
  9. Buy and read the manuals, donate and visit the sponsor links! Our main developer has spent personal money and time in making this software possible. Please contribute back so this software will continue to thrive!
  10. If you require more help, phone and onsite consultation is available from Matt Florell and others. You can contact Matt at his company's contact page. Other consultants are listed at the wiki consultants page.
  11. Want to be up and running ASAP? Consider buying turnkey hardware from eflo! See eflo's product page for more info.

Asterisk resources
Homepage: http://asterisk.org/
Documentation: http://www.digium.com/en/supportcenter/documentation/
Forum: http://forums.digium.com/
Chat: #asterisk on freenode.net

Perl resources
Homepage: http://www.perl.com
Documentation: http://www.perl.com/pub/q/documentation

MySQL resources
Homepage: http://www.mysql.com
Documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/index.html

More resources will be added later. Does anyone have any to recommend?
Last edited by kchung on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kchung

Postby Op3r » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Additional: Simplifying the support for people

When Requesting for support please include the FF.

1) Version of VICIDIAL
2) loadavg
3) Server Specs
4) Codecs used
5) VOIP or PSTN
6) OS

last but not the least:

Did you really follow the SCRATCH_INSTALL Document? Did you read the manuals? READ IT FIRST!
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby chander.prakash » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:36 pm

I think what Op3r is saying is absolutely correct and will help debug the problems fater.
Thanks

Chander
Email: vicidial.professional@gmail.com
chander.prakash

Postby Op3r » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:13 am

Please do not send a private message to moderators and asking questions.

POST IT HERE ON THE FORUM.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby BenZM » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:28 pm

Hello guys.

Thanks for the above, it was needed. Especially for newbies like myself. It is good to have some "do's and don'ts". It might be a good idea to have people read this as they are getting registered so that they read and understand it before they start to post things -- would remove a lot of the unnecessary traffic!
BenZM

Postby Baylink » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:07 pm

I'd like to attach here, also, some thoughts on this topic that I wrote for the wiki for RT - Request Tracker, one of the top FOSS ticket tracking systems. I've adapted them so that they're pertinent more directly to VICIdial.

----

When you want to ask a question

First of all, read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. It's a bit long, but you only need to read it every couple months or so, and it's really well worth your time if you want free support for free software.

Having decided that you have to ask someone for help...

In your question, don't forget to specify:

* whether your problem is on a new installation, or a system which has been running properly in production. This is probably the most important thing for someone to know.
* $ uname -a - OS, Distribution.
* Software Versions - VICIdial, Perl, Apache, PHP, MySQL versions.
* Debug - Don't forget to attach errors, (enough of your) logs; think about debug log level.
* In any case try to search in the VD forums
* If you are not running the most recent stable/approved version of Asterisk/VICIdial then upgrade before asking your question.

It's understood that you may not be able to upgrade a given installation if it's in production, but understand in return that the amount of help people will be able to give you will decline roughly in proportion to the age of your install.

And, the answer may be "that's a known bug, and you'll have to upgrade to fix it" anyway. Minimally, you might find it useful to install the latest version on a non-production machine and attempt to reproduce your problem there.
Baylink

Re: username didn't show in realtime screen on goautodial 3.

Postby Monu sundar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi to all :

I installed goautodial 3.0 everything is ok .but user name didn't show in the realtime screen .but i can able to get username when i took the reports .

I fixed user level 7,8,9 and realtime_block_user_info to 0 .but it doesn't support .if anybody knows pls tell me any other idea .
Monu sundar

Re: username didn't show in realtime screen on goautodial 3.

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:13 pm

Monu sundar wrote:Hi to all :

I installed goautodial 3.0 everything is ok .but user name didn't show in the realtime screen .but i can able to get username when i took the reports .

I fixed user level 7,8,9 and realtime_block_user_info to 0 .but it doesn't support .if anybody knows pls tell me any other idea .

Please do not hijack other posts for your personal support requests. Create your own (they're free! LOL) with a subject line appropriate to your question. The subject line of this ticket is "Please read before posting for support!" not "Post any random question in here!" :)

That being said, try creating a new Admin user and be very careful about which boxes you check. You'll probably find one with the word "block" that you did not mean to check.

And Always post your Vicidial Version with Build. goautodial is merely the installation disk. Vicidial is the actual dialer software which can also be installed with Vicibox.com's .iso installer (which is actually recommended, by the way, as it installs a more recent version of Vicidial).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Please read before posting for support!

Postby biman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:09 am

unable to login in agentlogin through SIP no 100 on goautodial 2.0 showing error massage "Sorry, there are no available sessions" kindly help
biman

issue in installing dahdi

Postby devilheart » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:01 am

dear team,

when i trying to install dahdi in vicidial server,that time i using the command "make clean"

but the make command has been not found error i has been getting.

so please help me in this issue
devilheart

Re: issue in installing dahdi

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:21 pm

devilheart wrote:dear team,

when i trying to install dahdi in vicidial server,that time i using the command "make clean"

but the make command has been not found error i has been getting.

so please help me in this issue

Seriously: Start your own post. This post is a set of directions to help newbies understand the common practices. Posting your support request here instead of reading the rules here and creating a new post is a clear indicator you did not read the post.

You should be using the .iso installer from Vicibox.com. Why are you trying to install "from scratch"?

Onward:

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support