Park Call Max Timeout - park_CID.agi (360 seconds)

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Park Call Max Timeout - park_CID.agi (360 seconds)

Postby keithkelly » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:55 am

Hi,

We sometimes have a need to park a client for a long period of time - sometimes in excess of 10 minutes.

When calls are parked through the agent screen by clicking the 'PARK CALL' button, the call is disconnected at 360 seconds of park time exactly (6 minutes), each and every time. I have traced this back to the park_CID.pl agi script. There is a sleep command for exactly 360 seconds. To verify this is the culprit, if you manually edit/change this value in the agi script sleep(360) then perform another test call and park it, the call will disconnect exactly at this modified sleep interval. For the avoidance of doubt, it is nothing to do with any RTP timeouts, SIP session timers, etc.

My question is... Is it safe to just increase this sleep value in park_CID.agi to the maximum time we would need to park a customer? I understand you may end up with orphaned calls where a customer is stuck listening to hold music if the agent has somehow disconnected from the conference (poor network, PC issue, agent error, etc) and thus having a larger sleep period could mean higher call costs incurred in these circumstances. Are there any other considerations? Does anyone know why this value was set at 360? Is it just that it is general consensus not to leave a customer on hold for such a long duration (unavoidable in my case)?

Many thanks.

K.
Vicibox 11.0.1 (OpenSuSE Leap v.15.5) | Version: 2.14-895a | SVN Version: 3755 | DB Schema Version: 1694 | Asterisk v.16.30.0-vici | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670v2 @ 2.50GHz Memory Size: 64 GB
keithkelly

Re: Park Call Max Timeout - park_CID.agi (360 seconds)

Postby carpenox » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:52 am

Yes that's fine, changes to the code won't effect the system other than changing the time it kills the call at
Alma Linux 9.3 | SVN Version: 3822 | DB Schema Version: 1711 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3 | Discord: https://discord.gg/DVktk6smbh
carpenox

Return to Support