Screen scripts not starting

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Screen scripts not starting

Postby xoy74 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:30 pm

We are in the process of learning ViciDIaler in order to implement it in our call center.
Right now we have is a "Dev" server made with ViCiBox10 with everything (asterisk, web, mysql) on it, for learning/testing purposes.
A few days ago I was working on installing SSL certificates and enabling the WebRTC phone.
Somewhere in the process something got broken and pretty much any GUI changes are not being published in the Asterisk config files (probably in other configuration files as well, but the asterisk ones are the ones I am aware of). After many hours of digging I learned that I there are supposed to be about 11 screen scripts running in background. Unfortunately only 2 are running on my server:

Code: Select all
# screen -ls
There are screens on:
        3219.asterisk   (Detached)
        2723.astshell20220408151922     (Detached)
2 Sockets in /run/screens/S-root.

Any idea how can I troubleshoot these ? What process starts them ? Is there any log I should be looking at to figure out why they don't start ?
Thanks for any suggestions.
xoy74

Re: Screen scripts not starting

Postby xoy74 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:05 am

I think I found something but I am not sure how it happened. I installed another test vicibox, just to compare the two (as I mentioned I am still learning this) and found that the new server had this in the crontab while my dev one didn't:
Code: Select all
### keepalive script for astguiclient processes
* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl

After adding it to my dev server, the screen scripts started to work.
I am not sure how this got removed from the dev server, my only guess is that when vicibox-ssl added the crontab line for renewing certificates, it somehow removed the above lines.
xoy74

Re: Screen scripts not starting

Postby martinch » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:45 am

Hey! It's cool you figured this out for yourself.

Yep, the keepalive will create the screens for you (and keep them persistent).

Not sure how your crontab got wiped but it's good you sorted it. Nice work.

Thanks,
Martin.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Return to Support