VOICE MESSAGE ERROR WHEN DIALING FROM AN EXTENSION IN VICI

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VOICE MESSAGE ERROR WHEN DIALING FROM AN EXTENSION IN VICI

Postby Joss2103 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:11 pm

A problem has arisen when dialing a recipient, when making a direct call to the trunk from a telephony server, the voicemail message is recycled, but when dialing in vicidial the call is prolonged until it is finished.

I share the configuration of the trunk in vicidial.

(Peer)
type = friend
host = domain
username = username
secret = secret
port = 5060
dtmfmode = rfc2833
qualify = yes
progressinband = never
canreinvite = no
nat = yes
context = from-trunk
disallow = all
allow = G729
allow = alaw
allow = ulaw
Last edited by Joss2103 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joss2103

Re: VOICE MAIL ERROR WHEN DIALING FROM AN EXTENSION IN VICID

Postby carpenox » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:02 pm

Huh, not sure what you mean
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Re: VOICE MESSAGE ERROR WHEN DIALING FROM AN EXTENSION IN VI

Postby Joss2103 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:22 am

Excuse me, what I mean is that when making manual calls from vicidial there are numbers that do not link but if I dial them from the direct trunk without going through vicidial I receive the message that the numbers do not exist or are outside the service area, you know why since vicidial I can not listen to these messages? Do you think there is a missing configuration or parameter in the trunk?

Greetings.
Joss2103

Postby ambiorixg12 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:37 pm

What you're talking about is early media, Using VICI Agent interface to dial out I don't think you will be able to listen early media, because VICI start transmitting audio to the agent once the call has been answered and this is not the case with early media

Early media is simply media that is sent before a call is answered. It’s not the voice of the person you called, but rather system tones, announcements, or any other sound that the phone company wants to send your way. It’s the distinctive ringing you hear when you call a telephone in England. It’s an “all circuits are busy” message. It’s anything you might hear until you hear the called party’s voice.
Early media is typically supported by the use of the 183 Session In Progress response. Unlike a 180 Ringing response, 183 will contain SDP. This SDP is used to establish a media connection that carries those network tones and messages. It will eventually be torn down when the call is answered, but until then, it’s a way for the caller to audibly hear call progress.
I have been talking about early media in terms of the public switched telephone network (PSTN), but early media is also used by some IP PBXs. Why? Because they want to play the same kinds of sounds that the PSTN uses. They want to play announcements and country specific ring-back. Remember, PBXs are rooted in the same TDM world as the PSTN and have adopted much of its behavior.

https://andrewjprokop.wordpress.com/201 ... ate-media/
ambiorixg12

Postby Joss2103 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Ok I understand, but if I need to listen to the message, manual dialing is done from the extension on a softohone, not from the VIC Agent interface
Joss2103

Postby ambiorixg12 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:54 pm

Early audio needs to be supported by the carrier in order to work for the caller, you need to use before Progress() before dial()
ambiorixg12

Return to Support