Any way to have ADMIN_backup.pl add date to backup filename?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Any way to have ADMIN_backup.pl add date to backup filename?

Postby rockgeneral » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Howdy Everybody!

I have the ADMIN_backup.pl script successfully running and uploading the resulting .gz file to an an FTP server. I was wondering if there was a way to make the script add the date to the filename so that it doesn't overwrite the previous days backup file? Or if there is a way to have the FTP portion of the script create a folder with the current date for each days backup? Similar to how the recordings FTP script creates a folder for the current date if one doesn't already exist. Truthfully, having it create the daily folder on the FTP would be preferable.

Thanks,

Rockgeneral
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Re: Any way to have ADMIN_backup.pl add date to backup filen

Postby mflorell » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:28 pm

That is not currently an option, although it will not overwrite the previous day's file because each gz backup file is named with the number of the weekday(0-6). So it will keep the previous 6 day's backups in place on the local server and the FTP you are sending the files to.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Any way to have ADMIN_backup.pl add date to backup filen

Postby rockgeneral » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:53 pm

Matt,

I checked the FTP today and noticed that the next backup that ran had a 4 appended rather than the 3 which was on the backup I ran yesterday. I was just about to post a reply to my post about this. Thanks for clarifying. This will work perfectly.

Thanks again!

Rockgeneral
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Return to Support