Manual Dialling other Agents

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Manual Dialling other Agents

Postby mjohn425 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 am

Hi Guys,

We have a requirement to be able to have agents call each other (not from a transfer). We want this to happen within the agent screen rather than a call to the softphone as this puts the main session call on hold and often agents forget to unmute etc. The idea is that there will be a manual dial extension which will route to the agents directly. I have tried multiple different ways below to try and have this call work but to no avail so far.

I have set up a DID 585850, this is confirmed configured correctly, pointing to a particular agent.

I have tried to following in the default context (forgive me if the exact formatting isn't correct, I am re-writing these post-hoc):
exten => 585850,1,Goto(trunkinbound,${EXTEN},1) - Works when calling from softphone but not from manual dial within agent screen, it starts the call, I hear the ding but then hangs up immediately and hear the drop sound, I guessed this is because there is no call and the trunkinbound is just executing the AGI script, then completing and hanging up without some call that actually takes place. I have confirmed it is not the dial prefix causing the issue by both modifying the dialplan to account for it and also using dial override.

exten => 585851,1,Dial(Local/585850@trunkinbound) doesn't work on either.

exten => 585850,1,AGI(agi-VDAD_ALL_inbound.agi, differing options) similar behaviour to first example.
and
exten => 585850,1,AGI(agi-AGENT_route.agi,differing options) similar behaviour to first example.

Have also tried making a carrier which links to 127.0.0.1 but it gives a loop detected error when trying to call in.

I know that there's something simple I'm missing and think it's the call issue I mentioned earlier just not certain how to fix it and want to avoid purchasing a 100 number block from our carrier for each person and having calls direct through there.

Another way to look at it is being able to dial a DID from the manual dial screen.
OS: VICIBox 9.0.1 OpenSuse 15.1 | VERSION: 2.14-742a BUILD: 200327-1715 | Asterisk: 13.21.1-vici | SVN: 3205 DB Schema: 1588
Linux: 4.12.14-lp151.28.44-default | MYSQL: Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.2.31-MariaDB | Perl: v5.26.1 | php: v7.2.5
mjohn425

Re: Manual Dialling other Agents

Postby darkeye08 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi Good day!

You can try to create agents only ingroup. Then you can assign inbound number for each created ingroup then route to the agent.

Cheers! :)

Regards,
darkeye08

Re: Manual Dialling other Agents

Postby williamconley » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:20 pm

if you want a quick and easy version that requires NO customization (ie: upgrade safe ...):

* Create a fake carrier with a special number that will play silence upon calling any number (we often put music in this instead, for agents to practice using their web interface without a client on-screen, useful for complex agent scripts practice).
* Have the agent generate a manual dial call using the fake carrier number. Then "transfer" to another agent using the "AGENTDIRECT" transfer group, which is already in existence for direct agent-to-agent contact. As long as they remember to make the call consultative, they can talk to the other agent.

No code required. No custom dialplan entries. Just a fake carrier with a special number.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support