We need help, can somebody please throw us a life preserver?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

We need help, can somebody please throw us a life preserver?

Postby Thebull1974 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi VICIdial family,

My path towards trying to figure things out with the VICIdial application has not been easy so far. After many hours of time wasted, and money invested, I'm back to square one again. I wrote a story on here prior, but with the average attention span of a person being 8 seconds, thanks to technology, I better get right to the point here, lol. Can I please get some solid recommendations on where to go for server companies, b2b list companies, etc.
Thebull1974

Re: We need help, can somebody please throw us a life preser

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Leasing: http://catalog.poundteam.com/index.php?cPath=23

Installation: http://catalog.poundteam.com/product_in ... ucts_id=35

Servers with Vicidial Pre-installed: http://catalog.poundteam.com/index.php?cPath=1 (For shipment or colocation)

If you want to do it all yourself, it's a bit of a learning curve but very doable IF you go step by step. My advice is to begin with a Virtual Server (VMware, vSphere, VirtualBox, Proxmox ...) VMware is free and will run in your computer. Nothing to purchase. Wipe it clean and start over with zero cost. Several times. But please remember that "Virtual" is only for the development server/sandbox/testing. A couple phone calls. One or two agents. Don't expect it to handle four calls or three agents.

After you've chosen a hardware-based server (or installed a virtualization host), installing Vicidial is done with Vicibox.com's .iso installer. The latest is easily available at Vicibox.com and there is a PDF on the site to walk you through the installtion process. If you hit a snag, bring us "what you expected, what happened, and the configuration options you believe to be relevant" plus any debug/log output that may be useful. Not 3000 lines of code/text mind you, just the relevent stuff.

After you get to the end of the install with the Vicibox installer, configuration is accomplished by starting at page one of the Vicidial Manager's Manual (free, from EFLO.net).

Don't skip anything. When you are tempted to skip something (either because you're really smart, or you already did this on the last attempt, whatever the reason:) slap yourself. Do not skip anything until the server is fully functional OR you hit a snag. Then the same rule applies as during the installation. With the minor addtion that there may be some asterisk CLI output. Provide one sample call from beginning to end, but no other output. Don't just show the ending error, we may need what came before that caused the error. Additionally, it's best if you also provide the page/line number you are presently on and remember (seriously) "what should have happened, what actually happened, and any errors" of the FIRST problem. Don't skip a bunch of errors unless you find a good reason to (such as some asterisk CLI "errors" that should be "notices", as evidenced in these forum threads).

That should get you online if you choose a standardized carrier. Carrier installation is easy to a veteran Vicidial pro (which is why we only charge 15 minutes of production for it), but for someone not used to Vicidial it can take a couple hours and often requires assistance. Read through the previous forum threads on the topic, however, and you should get there.

Remember: Start over several times. It doesn't cost anything. And you'll be much more familiar with the process if you've installed 10 times before you finish. You'll be much more comfortable with your dialer once it's up and running.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: We need help, can somebody please throw us a life preser

Postby gequiros » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:36 am

And if you need a dialer, we would be here to help

Come 2 VoIP
info@come2voip.com
Phone / WhatsApp: +1-305-209-4241
Vicibox / ISO