Tweaking Vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Tweaking Vicidial

Postby mubeen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi,

I moved my main setup from asterisk to vicidial with following specs with webrtc. Before that I did managed very small setup
Vicidial 9.0.2
VERSION: 2.14-756a
BUILD: 200609-2257

I did added some functionalities according to requirements which I want to configure in vicidial as well but seem to be lost

1. Agent to Agent call
This should be easy but I'm struggling with it, we can dial other agent from softphone but how to dial from web? one way is using channel ID but that changes always, even if make it static to extension its hard to remember for agents. I cant dial few digits like 3 or 4 as it gives error that not valid phone number.

2. Display Client Name with inbound call
In Asterisk I added clients name in DB and displayed it with number when calls comes in, how to do same thing in Vici? Where do I need to edit that?

3. Wisper option
In Vici I dont see option for Wisper, I know how to do that in plain asterisk but again vici dont let me dial something like *ABCXXX where XXX is extension and ABC is some prefix which matches and route accordingly.

4. Listen recording from webpage
This is vici feature, I can download and listen but nothing happens when I play the call. how to debug it?
ViciBox v.8.0.1
VERSION: 2.14-667a
BUILD: 180331-1715
mubeen

Re: Tweaking Vicidial

Postby mubeen » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Anyone can guide me on this?
ViciBox v.8.0.1
mubeen

Postby carpenox » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Refer to the manager manual
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby mubeen » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:23 pm

1. Agent to Agent call
In manager manual I can only find agent to agent cal using Agent Direct (making DID and routing it to agent via agent direct). Is there a way I can just dial 3 or 4 digit extension and number is dialled. Actually The manual dial option doesn't allow dialling less than 5 digits.

2. Display Client Name with inbound call
Can't find anything in agent manual (I have older version of Manager Manual, if its in new version please let me know.)

3. Wisper option
Again nothing in agent manual but in extensions-vicidial.conf, I did find following but not sure how to use it

Code: Select all
; Whisper to agent meetme entry
exten => _473782188600XXX,1,Answer
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,Wait(1)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,AGI(getAGENTchannel.agi)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,NoOp(${agent_zap_channel})
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,GotoIf($[ "${agent_zap_channel}" = "101" ]?fin)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,ChanSpy(${agent_zap_channel},qw)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n(fin),Hangup()

4. Listen recording from webpage
This is some issue I'm facing, I'm not sure how to debug this. I can download the recording but can't play directly
ViciBox v.8.0.1
mubeen

Postby williamconley » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:45 pm

mubeen wrote:1. Agent to Agent call
In manager manual I can only find agent to agent cal using Agent Direct (making DID and routing it to agent via agent direct). Is there a way I can just dial 3 or 4 digit extension and number is dialled. Actually The manual dial option doesn't allow dialling less than 5 digits.

Agent to agent calls inside the conference is not supported. Conferences are for Prospects. Call the agent's "dialplan entry" directly from the agent's phone instead. After logging out, of course. There is also a setting in System Settings to generate cross-server extensions (useful if you have a multi-server system)

mubeen wrote:2. Display Client Name with inbound call
Can't find anything in agent manual (I have older version of Manager Manual, if its in new version please let me know.)
I haven't verified this at all. What have you tested? Did you load these leads and get the call through the ingroup with "In-Group Call Handle Method" set to CIDLOOKUP? This should acquire the information.

mubeen wrote:3. Wisper option
Again nothing in agent manual but in extensions-vicidial.conf, I did find following but not sure how to use it

; Whisper to agent meetme entry
exten => _473782188600XXX,1,Answer
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,Wait(1)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,AGI(getAGENTchannel.agi)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,NoOp(${agent_zap_channel})
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,GotoIf($[ "${agent_zap_channel}" = "101" ]?fin)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n,ChanSpy(${agent_zap_channel},qw)
exten => _473782188600XXX,n(fin),Hangup()

Admin->System Settings -> Enable Agent Whisper Monitoring

Then the "Monitor/Barge" entries in the real time screen will also have a whisper option. Look up how to monitor/barge from the real time screen the manual for more info.

mubeen wrote:4. Listen recording from webpage
This is some issue I'm facing, I'm not sure how to debug this. I can download the recording but can't play directly

You whine a lot. 8-)

Consider Admin->System Settings -> Log Recording Access.

What URL are you expecting to have a Play button? Are you on a "Modify Lead" page looking at the list recorded calls for that lead?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mubeen » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:43 pm

williamconley wrote:Agent to agent calls inside the conference is not supported. Conferences are for Prospects. Call the agent's "dialplan entry" directly from the agent's phone instead. After logging out, of course. There is also a setting in System Settings to generate cross-server extensions (useful if you have a multi-server system)

Actually I was wondering if I can join certain agent's conference like "barge in" by dialling agents extension but manual dial dosen't allow to dial 3 or 4 digits

williamconley wrote:I haven't verified this at all. What have you tested? Did you load these leads and get the call through the ingroup with "In-Group Call Handle Method" set to CIDLOOKUP? This should acquire the information.

I did not tested this on vici but on asterisk I inserted the list in DB manually and set the callerid name if entry founds and display that with phone number

exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${ARG1}-${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})}-${CALLERID(number)})

williamconley wrote:Admin->System Settings -> Enable Agent Whisper Monitoring

Then the "Monitor/Barge" entries in the real time screen will also have a whisper option. Look up how to monitor/barge from the real time screen the manual for more info.

Thank you for guidance, I overlooked that option (actually was searching with wrong spelling (wisper instead of whisper) in system settings)

williamconley wrote:You whine a lot.

Consider Admin->System Settings -> Log Recording Access.

What URL are you expecting to have a Play button? Are you on a "Modify Lead" page looking at the list recorded calls for that lead?

Yes, I was looking into modify lead page. I managed to resolve the issue; Server ID was not set same as hostname, once I did that recordings started to play
mubeen

Postby williamconley » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:20 pm

mubeen wrote:
williamconley wrote:Agent to agent calls inside the conference is not supported. Conferences are for Prospects. Call the agent's "dialplan entry" directly from the agent's phone instead. After logging out, of course. There is also a setting in System Settings to generate cross-server extensions (useful if you have a multi-server system)

Actually I was wondering if I can join certain agent's conference like "barge in" by dialling agents extension but manual dial dosen't allow to dial 3 or 4 digits

You use the session id (aka: meetme room) not the agent's phone to barge/monitor a conference.

mubeen wrote:
williamconley wrote:I haven't verified this at all. What have you tested? Did you load these leads and get the call through the ingroup with "In-Group Call Handle Method" set to CIDLOOKUP? This should acquire the information.

I did not tested this on vici but on asterisk I inserted the list in DB manually and set the callerid name if entry founds and display that with phone number

exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${ARG1}-${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})}-${CALLERID(number)})

You will likely do more damage trying to customize the dialplan using asterisk methods and end up pulling out all your hair as it gets more and more complex. IMHO: Try doing it IN Vicidial before you even consider custom dialplan entries. Test. Play with the settings. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support