Send incoming call to an extension

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Send incoming call to an extension

Postby jaye » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:42 am

Hi guys,

I need some assistance, i would like to send an incoming call to an internal extension. I have a sip phone registered but every time i call i get the message number not in service or the extension is not available, what am i missing? Thanks

VERSION: 2.14-615a
BUILD: 170516-0632
Asterisk 11.25.1
jaye

Re: Send incoming call to an extension

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:04 am

Good job actually posting your Vicidial Version with build. You should also try to post your installer method with version (and a link to instructions if not Vicibox.com's installation .iso).

Start at page one of the The Vicidial Manager's Manual. Available free (and paid version, too) on EFLO.net's store. Note that you will be tempted to skip certain things and not perform those particular exercises on certain pages. In that situation, slap yourself and start over. Don't skip anything. You will eventually (and without spending any money) have everything set up including the ability to route a call through all steps necessary to get that call to land on a phone/extension.

But for a more precise answer for those who believe that they shouldn't need to use the Manual ...

1) The call must arrive at the server. This is either configured at the carrier (routing the call to your server's IP) or via registration in Admin->Carriers (which logs in to the carrier's system and provides the IP and port to which to send the call). When properly set up you will get activity in the Asterisk CLI when an inbound call arrives
2) The call must route to the 'trunkinbound' context. This setting is in the account entry field of the entry for this carrier in admin->carriers. Note that the "context=trunkinbound" entry should be on EVERY carrier in every context for that carrier. There is NO other use for the "context=xxxx" entry. This entry is only used to route calls arriving at the server to determine "where in the dialplan" inbound calls should go. So every context for every carrier should have this entry.
3) Once the calls have arrived at the server and routed to "trunkinbound", trunkinbound will activate the Vicidial agi scripting system and now the call is routed to the "Inbound->Show DIDs" menu options. To route a call with this, you must be sure the DID you create in the menu system matches the DID to which they send the call. This incudes all digits and symbols. It could arrive at 3522690000 or 13522690000 or +13522690000. While you may think this is the number dialed by the caller, technically it is not related. It's the code your carrier chooses to send you. 99.9% of the time it contains the number dialed, but it can also have extra crap just to make life interesting. The asterisk CLI should show the inbound DID. If there is a symbol in it, you may need to modify your extensions.conf entry for [trunkinbound] to remove the + since Vicidial won't create a DID entry with a symbol in it. In our installations we always strip off extraneous symbols before activating the agi script.
4) To test success: Change the DID route to "EXTEN" and then change Extension: to 9990000009 (or another special extension from extensions.conf). If you get the "about to try" recording, you are successfully routing the call with the Inbound->DID configuration controlling the route. Now you need to change the extension to the Dial Plan Number of the target phone and you're done.

But ... read the manual. Route the DID to an ingroup. Put the ingroup into a campaign. Activate a remote agent in that campaign with the box checked for this ingroup. And now you can see this call ringing in the real time screen in addition to seeing the status of the call while still active. You can also route the call to multiple phones at once or round-robin them, and activate / deactivate individual phones quite easily.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Send incoming call to an extension

Postby jaye » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Thanks a lot William, i will go through the manual also as you have advised.
jaye

Return to Support