VPN to access vicidial from outside

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VPN to access vicidial from outside

Postby rij079 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:40 am

Hi Guys
This is my server installation
vicibox81
/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk
Path: .
Working Copy Root Path: /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk
URL: svn://svn.eflo.net/agc_2-X/trunk
Relative URL: ^/agc_2-X/trunk
Repository Root: svn://svn.eflo.net
Repository UUID: 3d104415-ff17-0410-8863-d5cf3c621b8a
Revision: 3130
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: mattf
Last Changed Rev: 3130
Last Changed Date: 2019-07-30 19:16:43 +0530 (Tue, 30 Jul 2019)

Ok so it is a normal installation and everything is working ok now I need to set up a vpn so that my agent in another location can log into this and start to take calls.
I've tried by using the public ip but the thing is sometimes there's no voice at all as in the customer cannot hear the agent at all so we are trying to make this happen using vpn.
The question is how can I set up this vpn so that the agent at another location can access this server at my location and start to take calls.

Thanks in advance. Any help would be really great.
rij079

Re: VPN to access vicidial from outside

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:36 am

VPN is not related to Vicidial. This question would be much better asked at a VPN site related to VPN software and/or hardware.

But if you use IAX phones instead of SIP phones, you may not need VPN at all and your sound should no longer be a problem. Also: If your Vicidial server is directly on the public IP (instead of going through a router while using a private IP and attempting "DMZ"), your SIP based phones should no longer be problematic. The challenge is that SIP is not designed to have a router at both ends of the call unless you use a STUN server. But IAX2 ... has no such challenge. There are several free IAX2 phones out there.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support