Custom Audible Alert on Outbound Calls by List Id

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Custom Audible Alert on Outbound Calls by List Id

Postby rockgeneral » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:43 pm

We have used the "Agent Alert Filename" setting to play an audible alert in the agent's headset to help them quickly identify the source of the call so they can pitch accordingly. You would think that the In-Group Name and Color coding on the agent screen would suffice for this but often times the agents are not looking at their screen, or at least not looking at the Vicidial agent screen when a call comes in, so this feature has been invaluable.

I've had team members ask me if there was a similar function that would allow us to play a custom wav file when an outbound call connected to an agent based on the list_id the lead came from. I am pretty sure that this functionality does not exist, but if it does, could someone please direct me to what setting(s) would be necessary to accomplish this?

If this feature does not exists, what might it cost to get an "Agent Alert Filename Override" feature added where you could specify the alert to play on a list by list basis?

Regards,

rockgeneral
System Info:
ViciBox_v9.x86_64-9.0.2.iso | Version: 2.14b0.5 SVN: 3551 | DB Schema Version: 1650 | Asterisk 13.29.2-vici | Single Server
rockgeneral

Re: Custom Audible Alert on Outbound Calls by List Id

Postby mflorell » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 pm

The "Agent Alert" feature doesn't exist at all for outbound calls, so it would have to be added as a feature before we could even add an 'override' option for it on lists. That said, a feature like this could cause load issues because of all of the extra Asterisk channels it would launch. If you're still interested in having us quote this, please send an email to sales@vicidial.com and reference this topic URL.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Custom Audible Alert on Outbound Calls by List Id

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:10 pm

We've had some instances where the "whisper" (aka: coaching) feature has been used to notify just the agent of a specific condition. "Call has arrived" or "answer as company X" are viable options for this. Load hasn't been an issue, and whisper has been stable so far. It's tricky to identify the proper branch of the call, and it's touchy when dealing with possible overlap of the client saying "hello?" at the same time. But possible if you don't mind the overlap (or are prepared to allow muting of the client to avoid the overlap ...).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support