Searching Support with Topic SIPTRUNK

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Searching Support with Topic SIPTRUNK

Postby Mahxds » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 am

Hello Everybody,

im New into the topic of using Vicidial . Currently im administrating a Vicidial installation since 2 Years. But nothing more like adding users , new campaign, new phones etc etc.
We have currently like 5 Agents in a "autodial" campaign. The other 15 Agents are only for Inbound user connected ( Drops, normal inbound lines )
Our current Hoster is closing business and thats why we are in the need to look for some alternatives.
Id like to keep a Vicidial Installation, that is the reason why i was thinking of running it yourself.

Setting Vicidial up with a Siptrunk , check like a million of supporting articles to find.
But i was asking myself an other question... Can i Run vicidial with normal SIP-Lines ? Can i maybe simulate a Siptrunk with Siplines? The Reason i was asking this , We only need a diallevel of 1. Nothing more like auto adapting or ratio or anything. We need to get like 100-150 Calls done with 5 Agents, so no need to hurry.

But its hard to find something about this topic. So my questions would be ....

1. Is something like this possible ? ( Running Vicidial with normal SIP lines, or simulating a SIP Trunk ? )
2. If Number 1 is a Yes... What Keywords i need to use for my search ? , If no, A No its not Possible would also be a Help , than i dont need to look further , an can just order a SIP Trunk.

thanks in advance
Mahxds

Re: Searching Support with Topic SIPTRUNK

Postby ambiorixg12 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:51 am

What do you mean by normal SIP line ?

Because SIP is SIP and for Asterisk any SIP connection is transparent to be used as trunk for inbound and outbound call
ambiorixg12

Postby Mahxds » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:31 am

Hi,

with "normal SIP Line" im takling about a one user line used to register Phones for example.
As far as i know a trunk has a bunch of lines combined.
Mahxds

Postby ambiorixg12 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:02 am

At the end it is the same , the only difference is the amount of channels,
ambiorixg12

Postby ed123 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:23 am

Hi, You need a SIP provider or VOIP provider for your sip trunk. They will also assist you in how to setup and troubleshot til everything go live.
ed123

Return to Support