Call issues

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call issues

Postby hansg » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:55 am

Hi,

In the last few days I have been experiencing terrible issues with my call audio. I have loads of calls connecting but then I get either of 2 things.

1. Call connects - Silence and then 10 seconds later I get an International dial tone.
2. Call connects - Static buzzing noise and nothing else.
3. Some calls do connect but I would say it is only about 10% of calls.

I have made sure that i am only accepting ulaw and alaw in my carrier settings as I do not have g729 codecs installed.

Can this be anything other than bad carriers?

All of my carriers (4) at least one of which has been working very well for years are all giving me the same issue. I see alot more calls connecting than usual which is making me think it is False Answer Systems but carriers are telling me they have no issues.
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Re: Call issues

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:44 pm

1) Please remember to include your installer with version. (Good job posting your Vicidial Version with build).

2) If it happens on more thatn two carriers, and those carriers are not related to each other or using the same "upline", then it's not the carriers. Consider adding an expensive carrier for quick tests.

3) Call volume when these conditions occur? Server load on the dialers during the issue? Does a reboot resolve the issue? If you reduce your call volume to less than 50% of normal, do more calls connect?

4) Bandwidth. Is someone wasting your bandwidth at this location? Can you shut down bandwidth usage for everything except the Vicidial server? (I include managers and owners and all workstations and portable devices: NOTHING except the Vicidial Dialers should have external access during the test.

5) Bandwidth again: During this issue, have you tested your bandwidth from the command line of the Vicidial Dialers in question?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support