Call Recordings not ending with call [SOLVED]

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call Recordings not ending with call [SOLVED]

Postby JamesGFelg » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:48 am

I have just recently installed a cluster setup of ViciDial using the latest ViciBox ISO (8_1). The setup is as follows

Server 1 = database, web
Server 2 = Telephony (asterisk version Asterisk 11.25.3-vici built by abuild @ build78 on a x86_64 running Linux on 2019-06-10 15:34:19 UTC)

Both servers were updated at the time of install following the instructions in the user manual, both are running server version 3112 (SVN) and both have three IP addresses (1 for LAN, 1 for the backbone, 1 for WAN)

The issue i am having is the audio recordings for the calls are not ending with the call, instead the continue from the beginning of that call until either the agent logs out, or the recording reaches 59:59 in duration. Each call will start a new recording that will not end.

Any help would be great, please let me know if you need any additional information

[Solution]
Of course the issue lies in the details I didn't provide :/
When setting up this dialer, i exported the phones (admin => phones) from an existing AOI ViciDial db to this cluster ViciDial. While i did adjust the IP addresses correctly, there were other settings that did not transfer over. So I added a new phone config into the new cluster dialer and observed the default settings for this instance, once i made those changes to an existing config the recordings started ended with the call.
JamesGFelg

Re: Call Recordings not ending with call [SOLVED]

Postby williamconley » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:51 pm

1) Excellent posting your solution.

2) Probably should have posted the solution as a separate post instead of editing the first one, but just to make it disappear from the "unanswered" posts (since you did, in fact, answer your question)

3) Remember to post your installer with full version (8.1.?? you missed that last digit) and ALWAYS post the full Vicidial version with build.

4) Any time you upgrade a system (for any reason, including importing a database ... and upgrading the database), always include the "sample configs" when performing the perl install. Also be sure the astguiclient.conf and admin->servers has the correct information before the perl install. This catches any revisions needed to grab the correct conf files and create the proper "-vicidial" versions. It also requires that you manually re-edit any previously edited .conf files, of course, which is why it's best to avoid any edits to those files if at all possible (except for externip in sip.conf, just edit that sucker). 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support