Vicibox 8.1.2 Segmentation Fault

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicibox 8.1.2 Segmentation Fault

Postby exile » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Weird issue with overseas agents. I was experiencing this issue on the same version and have tried to diagnose this issue as best as I could and cant come up with a solution. It seems like agents with high ping are causing asterisk to crash with a segmentation fault. I initially had them on a cluster with all of my agents not overseas and I scaled it down to them being the cause of this issue. I moved them to a server closer to them and they average around 150ms now but still seeing this segmentation fault on a fresh all in one server. I am not seeing any cause to this issue asterisk gets a segmentation fault and just starts right back up. Nothing happening prior to the segmentation fault all looks like normal activity any clarity you could provide would really help.

Error - Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Installation Info
--------------------
ViciBox v8.1.2| Asterisk 13.27.0-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Hosted on physical hardware 2 x 2.4GHz Octa-Core E5-2630 v3 Haswell Xeon / 126gbs of ram on Raid 10
---------------------
exile

Re: Vicibox 8.1.2 Segmentation Fault

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Also possible that "overseas" includes "high risk" and your firewall is now open to someone who is causing a problem. Check for traffic to asterisk not actually related to a phone call.

Consider restricting access to ports to specifically by those IPs authorized to access the system as well. IE: block IPs not authorized. Restrict those that are authorized to the ports they actually need. (SIP based agents don't need IAX ports ...)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support