Vicidial Voice issue when PRI down

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial Voice issue when PRI down

Postby neeraj » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 am

Dear Experts,

Hello,

Dear Friends i am facing issue in my VICIDIAL VERSION: 2.0.5-206 BUILD: 90525-1014
Asterisk Ver 1.2.30.2
Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card for pri
DINSTAR GSM Gatway Version Information Device Model UC2000-VE
Package Version 02231220 2017-06-06 12:18:18 official
Software Version 02231220 2017-06-06 12:09:58

All works fine but when my pri down that time my vicidial face issue of voice for agents
sometimes they can not hear customers voice sometimes customers face same issue.

that time if pri down for long time we have to reboot our server to continue with GSM gatway
kindly help me guys it will be really help full for me.

according to me if PRI downs then it should be intact with GSM gatway operation.

help me

Neeraj Sharma
Sr. System Engineer
neeraj

Re: Vicidial Voice issue when PRI down

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:08 pm

I would like to suggest you also include your installer (with version). However, that server is so freakin' old it's debatable whether you even know. LOL: That being said, please post it if you do know it. It makes a difference.

If your agents are using the Public IP of the PRI instead of a Private IP on the local network, then their voice is actually transmitting through the PRI instead of locally. Easily fixed, assuming the agents are on the same local network as the Vicidial server. For instance, if you are using a domain name for the agents to register, the DNS returned for the domain name is likely the public IP.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby neeraj » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:39 am

williamconley wrote:I would like to suggest you also include your installer (with version). However, that server is so freakin' old it's debatable whether you even know. LOL: That being said, please post it if you do know it. It makes a difference.

If your agents are using the Public IP of the PRI instead of a Private IP on the local network, then their voice is actually transmitting through the PRI instead of locally. Easily fixed, assuming the agents are on the same local network as the Vicidial server. For instance, if you are using a domain name for the agents to register, the DNS returned for the domain name is likely the public IP.

Dear Sir,

our vicidial server and agents on the same private pool and there is no pri ip we are using
neeraj

Postby Op3r » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:36 am

You said if your PRI goes down the call is routed to a gsm gateway correct?

Thats because your gsm gateway is not picking up enough cell signal to have a quality voice call.

Check your network coverage and see if your picking full bar reception,
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby neeraj » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:39 am

Op3r wrote:You said if your PRI goes down the call is routed to a gsm gateway correct?

Thats because your gsm gateway is not picking up enough cell signal to have a quality voice call.

Check your network coverage and see if your picking full bar reception,

No

both my pri and gsm gatway connected with my vicidial server runs well and good
but when pri goes down that time gsm calls effected ant voice issue occurs
neeraj

Postby williamconley » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:36 pm

neeraj wrote:
williamconley wrote:I would like to suggest you also include your installer (with version). However, that server is so freakin' old it's debatable whether you even know. LOL: That being said, please post it if you do know it. It makes a difference.

Dear Sir,

our vicidial server and agents on the same private pool and there is no pri ip we are using

OK: In that case is the Vicidial server using the private or public IP of the PRI and/or the GSM gateway? Based on your description ... something is crossing that line.

Simplest method may be to wait until after hours and run a single test call and see where the signalling fails. That IP or Domain will likely be on a public network and be the problem, but if not ... you'll still get to see the problem in the SIP debug at some point.

Also; moving this post to Support as it is obviously not a General Discussion post. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support