Missing Sales from Total on Real Time Screen?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Missing Sales from Total on Real Time Screen?

Postby VFRDavid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:34 pm

I am running the following version of VICIdial :

Menu screens show:
VERSION: 2.14-670a
BUILD: 180424-1521

Admin/System Settings show:
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2973
DB Schema Version: 1542

And the servers each show Asterisk version 11.22.0-vici

We recently added in a few in-groups (previously, we had none), and it appears that the Status Category totals, at least as far as Sales goes (I haven't checked any others categories yet), on the real time screen are not accurate. If I pull a list of all records dispositioned as a sale from the vicidial_log and vicidial_closer_log tables, I have 25 total sales as of a few seconds ago (10 in the closer log and 15 in the vicidial_log) - but the Real time report is showing only 19. I checked, and there IS a related record in the vicidial_list table for each lead_id in the two _log tables with a 'SALE' status - and there are NO duplicate records (same phone_number / lead_id either within each of the log's records, or within the entire 25 records across both logs).

I have checked fairly often, and it's never been just the total from either the vicidial_log (outbound) and vicidial_closer_log (inbound) - it does seem to be counting at least a few of the records - but I haven't figured out the common thread yet - can you let me know where the counts on the real-time display come from for the status categories flagged with the "To Realtime Display" set to 'Y'?

All of the in-groups that I am checking are for sales in (via the vicidial_closer_log table) are connected to the outbound campaign that I am watching on the real-time screen (and checking the vicidial_log for)...

Not sure if this is related - maybe it should be a completely separate question - but - every once in a while - not even every day - the "Max Stats" as well as the status category counts appear to jump to huge proportions for a few minutes, then return to normal - last night, we were closing the night with 33 sales on the real time display (closer to 50 if you I counted both log files) - and for about 3 minutes, the real time display showed 89 sales...the "Calls Today" also went from about 100,000 to over 6,000,000 - but by the time I went to check if this was also on the real-time AND the Campaign Detail screen - it has reverted back to normal...

Anyway - any help you can provide here will be appreciated..thanks
David
VFRDavid

Re: Missing Sales from Total on Real Time Screen?

Postby williamconley » Mon May 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Next occurrence, modify the URL so it contains &DB=1 in the realtime (DB may be there, but the 1 may be missing, add it). And then copy/paste the source of that page before it disappears for later analysis. This will show the queries used to generate the data and MAY show some of the data. If not, you may need to alter the source code of the page to show results of each of the queries that were used to generate the page. This may help you slowly zero in on the culprit.

Have you ever updated your system? Do all your servers have the same Vicidial version with build? How did you install your system (with full version information and/or link to instruction set)? Is this a recent problem, or has it been ongoing?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby VFRDavid » Sat May 25, 2019 6:36 pm

I have updated it - but - it is still a few SVN versions behind - I will update it further later this weekend.

In the meantime - I did "DB=1" as suggested - and for the first 14 sales yesterday, my count (from the vicidial_list, vicidial_log and vicidial_closer_log tables) and the realtime_report.php agreed...then it went to 15 by my count, and it stayed at 14 on the realtime count. The DB=1 shows the SELECT statements for the vicidial_campaign_stats table WHERE the campaign_id is in the list of related campaigns and in_groups, so - I did my own count there, and added the 1 record to that table where I thought it was missing...but within a few seconds, the count went back to 14 - because the values in the vicidial_campaign_stats table reverted. I don't see ANY UPDATES or DELETE/INSERT statements in the VDAD code - so - I am thinking that there is some other task outside of the realtime pages that populate the "_stats" table - and the realtime just displays it - I would imagine that it might be the same task that updates this table with the remaining available records - but that is just a guess.

If you know where the updates to the vicidial_campaign_stats table occurs - that would shed some light on why this is occurring for me...thanks!
David
VFRDavid

Postby williamconley » Sat May 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Too bad you didn't post your installation method, but I'll assume it's a standard Vicibox install. If so:

Code: Select all
cd /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk; grep 'update vicidial_campaign_stats' * -Rin

Happy Hunting 8-)
williamconley

Postby VFRDavid » Thu May 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Thanks! I am going through the output from the command you provided - looks like it's going to be somewhere in the "AST_VDadapt.pl" file - I have been searching for some common thread so I can find the "Counted" vs "Uncounted" sales - and - although not 100% consistent - it's consistent enough of the time for me to believe that it has to do with the call being dialed as a MANUAL call - almost 100% of the time the number of manually calls dispositioned as a "SALE" is equal to the number of sales the real time screen differs from my count. I determine "manual" based on the "comments" column in vicidial_log and vicidial_closer_log - even though I am reasonably certain that I cannot have a "manual" incoming call / closer_log record - but - the column IS in the closer log - so - I pulled it to keep what I was selecting from each table as consistent as possible).

Here is the "weird" part - if I manually update the comments field - or - force it to do a TEST call to that number via the Campaign Details screen - or spoof the caller ID and make an incoming call from "that number" - it still doesn't change the count - now that I know where the UPDATE statements are - I might actually figure this out - thanks again for that...David
David
VFRDavid

Postby williamconley » Thu May 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Happy Hunting, David. This is where we all learn pretty much every new app and how it works ... as long as we have access to the source code. Be Very Very Happy that Vicidial is written in php and perl instead of C++. Open Source is Beautiful.
williamconley

Postby Op3r » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:19 am

make sure the category of the status is set on sale and it will show on the realtime.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby williamconley » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Op3r wrote:make sure the category of the status is set on sale and it will show on the realtime.

IF "SALE" is set to category expected to show on the real time. That's not set by default AFAIK
williamconley

Return to Support