Inbound "agent alert" does not work on clustered environment

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Inbound "agent alert" does not work on clustered environment

Postby mrgunston » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:37 pm

We recently moved to a clustered dialler environment and for some reason, the inbound "agent alert" is not playing.

Under system settings, I have set "Central Sound Control Active" to 1 which means the diallers in the cluster share the same web server for the storage of audio files.
The very next setting "Sounds Web Server" indicates where to store the audio files. I have this set to one of the webservers where all of the files exist.

When I log into the webserver that is indicated in the "Sounds Web Server" setting, I can click "Audio Chooser" and I can see all of the files however, on the other web servers, I get an error: "Error: audio store web directory does not exist"

ViciBox: 8.1.2 | VERSION: 2.14b0.5 | SVN: 3063 | Clusters: 1 DB / 4 Web/Asterisk
mrgunston

Re: Inbound "agent alert" does not work on clustered environ

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:51 pm

1) you missed the BUILD in the Vicidial version.

2) audio store web directory is ONLY supposed to exist on the server specified as the audio store server.

3) If the dialers do not have access to the PUBLIC network port/IP, then they will not be able to download the audio from the audio store and load those sounds into the local asterisk sounds folder. Having local IP access is not sufficient. Either open the public port OR if you are using a domain name for the audio store, put the domain into the /etc/hosts file as the local IP for that server. Usually just simpler to give public IP access.

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support