DID call recording if call dropped from Queue.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

DID call recording if call dropped from Queue.

Postby udy786 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:53 am

I have two independent Vicidial servers.

1. Installed from Vicibox ISO. ViciBox v.7.0.0-160119
2. Installed scratch on CentOS 6.9 with Asterisk 1.8 and Vicidial 2.14-695a

On both server having same issue with DID call recording. In DID setting I have Record Call is Yes. Recording is getting recorded in MIX folder. File name something like

20190318095312_XXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXX-out.wav
20190318095312_XXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXX-in.wav

Crontab is enabled.
/usr/share/astguiclient/AST_CRON_audio_1_move_mix.pl --MIX
/usr/share/astguiclient/AST_CRON_audio_2_compress.pl --MP3 --file-sorting

After execution of cron. Recording moved into MP3 folder like below file name

./var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/MP3/2019-03-18/20190318095312_XXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXX-all.mp3

Now when I go to admin page and search for a lead, I am getting call logs but no recording of DROP status. If call going to agent and they are talking then I am able to find recording because I have recording enabled in Campaign. But if any called dropped from queue then I not able to find recording from admin page.

FYI, when I had Vicidial 2.4 that I installed from Goautodial ISO, on that it was working perfectly.

Please help.
udy786

Re: DID call recording if call dropped from Queue.

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:01 pm

I'm a little confused about what you think will be recorded if the call never reaches an agent. But putting that aside, your assertion that a different install .iso causes a difference would be better tested if you could list ALL the related settings involved. For instance, which route do these calls take? If they are going to an Ingroup, the "In-Group Recording Override" may supercede and if you had this previously set to "force" but now set to something else, obviously that could be expected to have some effect.

Also: when you list a non-iso insatallation method, please also include a link to the online instruction set you used (if you used one, even as a base for your install). It helps bring together similar issues with the same install source and get solutions faster. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 pm

@williamconley

Here is my setting.

DID => In-Group => Campaign => Agent.

In DID setting, "Record Call = Y"

In In-Group setting, "In-Group Recoding Override = Disabled"

In Campaign Setting, "Campaign Recording = All Force"

For scratch installation (nn-iso installation), I followed below URL.

https://striker24x7.blogspot.com/2013/04/step-by-step-guide-to-install-vicidial.html

So here is test case.

1. Call on DID, Call will go to Queue. After 100sec call will get dropped or Customer will hangup from customer's side. We should get recording for this. => NOT WORKING
I am able find recoding from ssh as I explained in my previous post with filename format and also call log from admin page "List => Search for A Lead". But no recording URL in call logs.

2. Call on DID, Call will go to Queue and after few second agent will answer call.Agent will hangup call after some conversation. Call should get recorded. => THIS IS WORKING.

Please let me know if you need more information.
udy786

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Then you should try setting "In-Group Recording Override" to "All Force".

You have routed the call to an Ingroup. The Ingroup is Allowed in one (or more) Campaigns. But the call is NOT assigned to a Campaign until it is answered by an agent IN that campaign. Since agents in multiple campaigns can all accept calls from the same ingroup, then there is no way to assign the call to a campaign before an agent answers.

However, the call has already been assigned to the Ingroup by your decision to route the call from the DID to the Ingroup.

Your DID setting allows recordings, but has no actual configuration options available, these derive from an Ingroup or Campaign (when they arrive at one of those locations).

So it goes: DID "Yes I can record", Ingroup "Don't care - override disabled", Campaign ... oops, we never got to one. Thus, no recording.

Try instead Ingroup "In-Group Recording Override" to "All Force". Then while the call is awaiting an agent in a campaign to "grab it", it will already have "force" and the associated recording options (such as filename) provided by the Ingroup.

And in the future: Consider setting everything to all force and then backing it off one setting at a time until you have what you want. I'm a firm believer in the sledgehammer method of troubleshooting. Try ALL available options and if none of those work, you've just saved a lot of work. But if "all" results in success, now you just have a list of options to test to determine which option (or combination of options) is actually required.

Happy Hunting 8-)
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Thank you Williamconley for your quick reply. I did setting in In-group and it worked as expected.

But when I routed call from

DID => Call Menu => In-group => Campaign

And if any call hangup from Call Menu before going to In-group or Queue, I can see recording from ssh but not in call log.

Please suggest what should I do get such call's recording.
udy786

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:33 am

Lists -> Search for a Lead -> Search by phone number.

Of course, if the campaign settings are such that the recording is deleted because it's too short, it may not have a recording, but the lead itself should be there according to the DID settings (create a new lead? link to an existing lead?) for In-Group Call Handle Method
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:11 am

With same settings, I was able to get recording and logs both in Vicidial 2.4 but with latest version having this case.

Is this removed from new version?

Is anyway possible to implement this from 2.4 to latest version?
udy786

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:14 pm

With same settings

Have you done a side-by-side comparison of all settings to verify this?
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Yes I have verified multiple time setting of both versions. All settings are same in DID, Call Menu, In-group, Campaign.

I think filename playing role here. As you can see normally default recording file name like date_time_from#_to# but here date and time are together.

When I checked in database table recording_log, I saw a entry for this but lead_id filed was blank also end time, call length etc was 0. When I inserted lead id manually that I got from call log, I was able to see recording in call log but not playable.

Please advise.
udy786

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 pm

you may have a dialplan entry difference between the two machines. if the hangup extension is never activated, the cleanup script never goes through and makes the final entries.
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:36 pm

I have compared dialplan also and its looks same.

If hangup extension is not executing then why problem with only this case but when call going in In-group, agent then I am to get recording.

I am debugging agi file that mixing recording and moving. I will keep you posted if anything from my side.

Please advise if anything else I should debug or check.
udy786

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:06 pm

the hangup extension is not "the call terminates". it's a special extension that must actually be invoked in the dialplan. every vicidial context has this in it, but if you've edited any of the dialplan entries anywhere and created a context without the hangup line, then the hangup app will not run and will not execute the finishing functions. note the three lines in a carrier extension dialplan: agi/dial/hangup. It's there for a reason.
williamconley

Postby udy786 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:13 pm

My Inbound call going in default Trunkinbound context where I have hangup extension.

I did a call for testing and saw on CLI that hangup extension with h executed after call hangup.
udy786

Return to Support