Press 1, 2 or 3 survey campaign caller ID issue

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Press 1, 2 or 3 survey campaign caller ID issue

Postby prieto2330 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi, vicidial's default survey script works exceptionally well for press 1 campaigns. However, when you need to add a press 2 or 3 options to have the call transferred to call menu things get pesky. I created 2 custom extensions on the server's custom dial plan box as follows:

exten => _2626,1,Answer()
exten => _2626,2,Goto(inboundcustom,s,1)

The call was successfully transferred to the call menu. The issue is, though, that the call comes into the agent's phone with unknown caller ID as opposed to when option 1 gets pressed, and the call gets routed through vicidial's script instead of an extension, the agent will get the call with the CUSTOMER'S caller ID which is a business level 1 need.

Thank you for your time, I would appreciate any help in either how to invoke vicidial's transfer to inbound script through the custom dial plan or how to just have customer's caller ID get transferred over to the extension and then back to the call menu.
Last edited by prieto2330 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------
Installed from ViciBox_v8_1.x86_64-8.1.2 ISO file
Aterisk 13.21.1-vici
VERSION: 2.14-698a
BUILD: 190207-2301
Vicidialthropist
prieto2330

Re: Press 1, 2 or 3 survey campaign issue

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:31 pm

that's not how you configured press 1, so why would it be how you configured press 2? and where did 2626 come from? Plus _ is for patterns, and _2626 has no Xs or Ns and is not a pattern.

perhaps you should start over. configure the survey according to the manual, and then configure the call menu according to the manual.

but before you begin: create a new survey campaign, but do not change it at all. just change the routing extension and then test. note that with no changes, press 1,2,3 and 8 (if I recall correctly) all work properly. Change ONE thing at a time and test again. If you break it, change whatever you changed BACK and test again to be sure that was what actually broke it. I suspect you'll slowly work your way toward a functional system without a _2626 being involved or even the use of a custom dialplan entry at all.

also please try to include your installer with version in your posts. it helps.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby prieto2330 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:41 pm

Thank you for your prompt response, William. I added the installation details as suggested.

I also created a new campaign, I do see options 1, 2, 3 and 8 are the default options, but extension 8300 is the default (call gets hung up intermediately) that's why I replaced extension 8300 with custom extension 2626. My solution works. Just no customer's caller ID when calls gets to the agent.
Aterisk 13.21.1-vici
Vicidialthropist
prieto2330

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm

extenson 8300 is only for hanging up. the survey campaign is meant to transfer a call to an agent. a logged in agent. not to an extension, as that removes control of the call from Vicidial and now you have no method to regulate the calls (how do you know when to stop dialing? You don't know which agent is busy). plus you lose all call statistics and the agent screen's ability to record data.
williamconley

Postby prieto2330 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:21 pm

williamconley wrote:extenson 8300 is only for hanging up. the survey campaign is meant to transfer a call to an agent. a logged in agent. not to an extension, as that removes control of the call from Vicidial and now you have no method to regulate the calls (how do you know when to stop dialing? You don't know which agent is busy). plus you lose all call statistics and the agent screen's ability to record data.

Problem is my "agents" are field technicians on the streets. They can't be "logged in" hence why the need of an extension to dial out to them. My question is how to send customer's caller ID through custom dial plan
Aterisk 13.21.1-vici
Vicidialthropist
prieto2330

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:52 pm

prieto2330 wrote:
williamconley wrote:extenson 8300 is only for hanging up. the survey campaign is meant to transfer a call to an agent. a logged in agent. not to an extension, as that removes control of the call from Vicidial and now you have no method to regulate the calls (how do you know when to stop dialing? You don't know which agent is busy). plus you lose all call statistics and the agent screen's ability to record data.

Problem is my "agents" are field technicians on the streets. They can't be "logged in" hence why the need of an extension to dial out to them. My question is how to send customer's caller ID through custom dial plan

not true at all. that's what remote agents are specifically for. and yes, they can be logged in. in fact, they can even "log out" in a special remote agent interface for when they go offline. they can even set a status for special calls that went particularly well (or poorly). but most importantly: when they are still on the phone, vicidial will KNOW they are still on the phone and not try to send them another call or dial out for them.
williamconley

Postby prieto2330 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:57 pm

williamconley wrote:
prieto2330 wrote:Problem is my "agents" are field technicians on the streets. They can't be "logged in" hence why the need of an extension to dial out to them. My question is how to send customer's caller ID through custom dial plan

not true at all. that's what remote agents are specifically for. and yes, they can be logged in. in fact, they can even "log out" in a special remote agent interface for when they go offline. they can even set a status for special calls that went particularly well (or poorly). but most importantly: when they are still on the phone, vicidial will KNOW they are still on the phone and not try to send them another call or dial out for them.

Gotcha, I was able so send the call to an in group instead but the same problem presists. I can only rout to extensions for options 2 and 3. Only option 1 has a dropbox to choose from call menu or ingroup... Is there a way to send the call to the ingroup without involving an extension for options 2 and 3?
Aterisk 13.21.1-vici
Vicidialthropist
prieto2330

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Is there a way to send the call to the ingroup without involving an extension for options 2 and 3?

this doesn't compute for me. detail precisely what you want to do ...

I'll likely have to recommend you review how to configure a survey campaign in the manual again. and change one thing at a time (as mentioned earlier) until it works as you want. change one thing. test. if it worked, change something else. if not, change it back and verify you successfully "undid" by testing that previous stage again. with that method, and instructions from the manual, you can set the system up to accept any keystrokes and reject or ignore all others.

IF you send the calls to a remote agent, you don't need to send it to an ingroup at all. and you can turn each remote agent on/off at will.

concept: use the system as it's designed instead of creating a cool hybrid. like trying to drive a car with your feet while hangin' out the window. sure you can do it, but ... why? lol
williamconley

Postby prieto2330 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:05 pm

williamconley wrote:
Is there a way to send the call to the ingroup without involving an extension for options 2 and 3?

this doesn't compute for me. detail precisely what you want to do ...

I'll likely have to recommend you review how to configure a survey campaign in the manual again. and change one thing at a time (as mentioned earlier) until it works as you want. change one thing. test. if it worked, change something else. if not, change it back and verify you successfully "undid" by testing that previous stage again. with that method, and instructions from the manual, you can set the system up to accept any keystrokes and reject or ignore all others.

IF you send the calls to a remote agent, you don't need to send it to an ingroup at all. and you can turn each remote agent on/off at will.

concept: use the system as it's designed instead of creating a cool hybrid. like trying to drive a car with your feet while hangin' out the window. sure you can do it, but ... why? lol

Lol. Nice analogy. What Im trying to accomplish is simple. If customer presses 1, it will take them to a certain ingroup, if they press 2 it will take them to a different ingroup of agents. By no means I ever intended to drive this great vicidial car with my head out the window. I was forced to explore because I didnt find the correct built in option...
Aterisk 13.21.1-vici
Vicidialthropist
prieto2330

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:46 pm

In that case I recommend adding a preliminary question that bounces to a call menu if chosen. then, in the call menu they can choose 1 or 2 and get put into an ingroup based on their choice.

If you just can NOT put them through a preliminary question, just bounce them to the call menu if they are still listening after the first sentence. Before announcing any options. Then immediately begin speaking in the call menu giving them options.

this means you could set any keystroke (before options are provided) to be opt-out.
williamconley

Postby prieto2330 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 pm

williamconley wrote:In that case I recommend adding a preliminary question that bounces to a call menu if chosen. then, in the call menu they can choose 1 or 2 and get put into an ingroup based on their choice.

If you just can NOT put them through a preliminary question, just bounce them to the call menu if they are still listening after the first sentence. Before announcing any options. Then immediately begin speaking in the call menu giving them options.

this means you could set any keystroke (before options are provided) to be opt-out.

Ok. So there's no way to invoke the survey press 1 behavior for a different dtmf entry? As a geek, not solving this makes me stay uneasy and anxious. I modified the agi-VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi file. Under the "if third extension condition" I set $DROPexten = 's' $ext_context = $survey_menu_id and $newcallerid = "\"$callerid <$VDADphone>\""
$AGI->set_callerid($newcallerid)
but unfortunately it seems I'm missing something. How can I debug this agi code??
Aterisk 13.21.1-vici
Vicidialthropist
prieto2330

Postby prieto2330 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:24 pm

prieto2330 wrote:Ok. So there's no way to invoke the survey press 1 behavior for a different dtmf entry? As a geek, not solving this makes me stay uneasy and anxious. I modified the agi-VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi file. Under the "if third extension condition" I set $DROPexten = 's' $ext_context = $survey_menu_id and $newcallerid = "\"$callerid <$VDADphone>\""
$AGI->set_callerid($newcallerid)
but unfortunately it seems I'm missing something. How can I debug this agi code??

For anyone having this problem in the future, I was able to achieve this after writing this post by going to var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/agi_VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi and adding the following lines of code under the "if third extension option" condition, add these 2 lines of code:

$newcallerid = "\"$callerid <$VDADphone>\"";
$AGI->set_callerid($newcallerid);
Aterisk 13.21.1-vici
Vicidialthropist
prieto2330

Return to Support