Auto Alt Dialing uses what timezone / GMT offset?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Auto Alt Dialing uses what timezone / GMT offset?

Postby VFRDavid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 pm

I have my system configured for auto-alt dialing on an outbound campaign. I have numbers entered in the phone_number, alt_phone and addr3 fields. When I import, I am using the PostalCode to assign the timezone / GMT offset. One such record, the phone_number is in the 606 area code (USA, Kentucky). The record shows GMT -8, because the address of the record is in California. The campaign is configured to dial from 8am - 8pm, weekdays. However, on a few occasions, I have noticed that it is called this record much earlier than the settings should allow. Here are the particulars:

SYSTEM SETTINGS:
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2973
DB Schema Version: 1542
DB Schema Update Date: 2018-04-24 16:41:01
Default Local GMT: -6.00

Admin:
VERSION: 2.14-670a
BUILD: 180424-1521

ISO used to install:
- ViciBox v.7.0.3-160505

Linux version (from the above ISO) OpenSUSE Leap 42.1

Lead Info:
Phone (606) 279-#### (Kentucky #)
Postal Code: 90048-4846 (California)
GMT Offset: -8.00
Alt Phone <Empty>
Addr <Empty>

Call Log shows:
Dialed 2018-11-05 07:12:06; showing the same (606) 279-#### number

Campaign Settings:
Auto Alt-Number Dialing "ALT_AND_ADDR_AND_EXTENDED"
local Call Time "8to8MF" which shows Start 800 and Stop 2200 for Monday (which is the day of week for 2018-11-05). There IS a "state" rule for Kentucky, which pushes the start time to "1000" - which - MAY be the issue - since it was dialed just after 7am Pacific - or 10am eastern.

I do own and have read (the paid for version of) the Manager's Manual, but, do not see anything in there (at least the version that I have) that tells me what is happening here.

If there are any other settings / version numbers that you need to answer this, please let me know

My best guess is that the State rule over-rides the Postal Code / built in GMT in the lead - but - I haven't been able to re-produce the symptom...I will try to search the call logs for any other "off timezone" dials via MySQL - and see if it's only occurring for states with extra time rules...but - if anyone has any other answers / suggestions for me in the meantime, I would welcome them gratefully...

Thanks...David
David
VFRDavid

Re: Auto Alt Dialing uses what timezone / GMT offset?

Postby williamconley » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 pm

I don't *think* alt_phone numbers are able to have an independent TZ. Pretty sure that uses the same TZ as the phone_number since the GMT offset value is "per lead" not "per number".

What is the Admin->Server: Local GMT entry (for the calling server)? (System Default is only a preliminary setting, not binding if changed per server)

If I understand your post: you are saying that there was an AUTODIALED call to (606) 279-#### at 07:12:06 GMT-6 (05:12:06 GMT-8). But you used "call_log" instead of "vicidial_log". Note that call_log doesn't have a lead_id number or campaign_id value because those calls may not be autodialed. Was there an entry in vicidial_log? If so, it will contain a campaign_id which could be used to scour the /var/log/astguiclient log files to find the logic that may have caused the fail. However, if there is no entry in vicidial_log ... the call may have been manual or even Inbound.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:39 am

If you use MULTI_LEAD auto-alt dialing, then you will have one lead per phone number tied together by the vendor_lead_code field. That is one of the reasons we created that featureset, was to allow timezone and status per-phone-number in auto-alt-dial setups.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm

mflorell wrote:If you use MULTI_LEAD auto-alt dialing, then you will have one lead per phone number tied together by the vendor_lead_code field. That is one of the reasons we created that featureset, was to allow timezone and status per-phone-number in auto-alt-dial setups.

Of course since the address would be the same (postal code) the GMT would be the same in this case. But for multiple addresses in multiple states per lead ... definitely necessary.
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:34 am

There are several ways to set the timezone on a lead:
- by country-code / areacode
- by postal code
- by the 'owner' field timezone
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby VFRDavid » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Sorry - lost track of this post - the server is located in the US Central time zone (Houston, TX), however most of the agents are in the Eastern TZ (Florida, Georgia, New York and New Jersey)...

I told them about the multi-lead method - as well as the caveat that - if you were going to do it this way - each record would have to have an address that matched the time zone - if you used the postal code method - if they used the country / areacode method, it should be fine...

I am guessing that there is no option to have it check the TZ prior to loading into the hopper and/or dialing - kind of like Manual Calls can?
David
VFRDavid

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:52 pm

that's a basic function of Vicidial which is unrelated to alt dialing IF you are using multi-lead since each lead is treated independently for TZ, just be sure the data is there for each lead to know the TZ. Note that there are settings available in the list for the TZ determination. Campaign setting "Local Call Time" then uses the local TZ setting to determine the time at the prospect's location and either ignore the lead (if outside local call time) or allow the lead normally (if inside the local call time).
williamconley

Return to Support