Install other Dialer Server.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Install other Dialer Server.

Postby cromerorey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi,

I have vicidial cluster installation, with 1 DB and 2 Dialers.

System Info:
VERSION: 2.14-686a
BUILD: 180904-1206
SVN: 3025

I need replace one of dialer server, and i have some questions to make this change.

1. The new Dialer Server, have a SVN: 3051 and the old servers (DB and Dialers)are in SVN 3025. The question is: Exist some issue if the servers are in different SVN? What is your recomendation?
2. To replace the dialer server; Do you have some procedure to make this process? How to move the RECORDINGs to the new server?

Regards

Camilo Romero
cromerorey

Re: Install other Dialer Server.

Postby williamconley » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Vicidial servers must have the same version of Vicidial installed. All servers in the cluster.

Downgrade the replacement dialer and reboot (or upgrade all the others, of course). After that, look into the "restore" functionality of the Vicibox installer. However, if this is a replacement you could get away with simply changing this server's IP to that of the dead dialer. Once it's been "notified" that this is it's new IP address, you change the DB server IP in the /etc/astguiclient.conf file and it should "take over" where the prior server left off. Just never have two of them with the same IP in /etc/astguiclient.conf at the same time. That way lies madness.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby cromerorey » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 am

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

I install the other dialer server. Actualy my system is 1 DB& WEB and 3 Dialers.

SERVER + DESCRIPTION IP ACT LOAD CHAN AGNT DISK OUTBOUND INBOUND
vbox-ast Server vbox-ast xxx.xxx.xxx.94 Y / Y / Y 22 - 2% 84 27 11% LINK LINK
vbox-ast2 Server vbox-ast2 xxx.xxx.xxx.160 Y / Y / Y 48 - 8% 115 35 21% LINK LINK
vbox-ast3 Server vbox-ast3 xxx.xxx.xxx.233 Y / Y / Y 19 - 1% 0 0 4% LINK LINK
vbox-db DataBase Only - DO NOT DELETE xxx.xxx.xxx.226 Y / N / N 0 - 100% 0 0 1% LINK LINK

I need remove the dialer server "vbox-ast2" but my question is: What happend with the recordings? How i do to move the recordings stored in these server to new Dialer Server "vbox-ast3".?

The reason to remove the server 2 is beacuse this is a leased machine.

Do you have some procedure to make this change?

Regards.
cromerorey

Postby williamconley » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:48 pm

1) Copy all recordings from one server to another (requires root password to be entered immediately after you hit enter, obviously replace xx.xx.xx.xx with the receiving server's IP address):
Code: Select all
rsync -AEavzte ssh /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/ xx.xx.xx.xx:/var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/

2) Consider that if the HD dies on any of these dialers, those recordings are GONE forever. Consider also that continuing to record on these servers will eventually Fill the HD. Instead, push all the recordings to an FTP/Web server and use that server for storage, and if that server is slow but has huge HDs with a Mirror, your recordings are secure and your Vicidial server's HD is not filling up any more. Plus, if your Vicidial server Dies one day, you have NO need to restore the audio recordings from your backup set (which is good because most backup sets don't include the audio recordings anyway! lol).

Look at your crontab -e:
Code: Select all
#2,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35,38,41,44,47,50,53,56,59 * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_CRON_audio_3_ftp.pl --MP3 --run-check

That command is commented out until you activate it. Before activating it, have a look at the Manager's Manual so you know what to put in the /etc/astguiclient.conf file for credentials ... and TEST it with a single recording before firing it up fully. After that command is active, it'll take a while to copy all the recordings. When it completes: At the end of every work shift that server will have NO recordings on it. 8-)

Note that I added --run-check as it's a very good option to use. It will only run ONE copy of this file at a time. If they overlap, the new one will detect the already running one and "bow out".
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support