Manual Dial "Waiting for ring" *Resolved*

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Manual Dial "Waiting for ring" *Resolved*

Postby sip-puppy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Vicibox 8.1.2 - Vicidial VERSION: 2.14-692a - BUILD: 180927-0018 - asterisk 13.21.1-vici - No add-on hardware - No extra software

I'm having an issue with outbound dialing on a fresh installation of Vicibox with the above versioning and environment.

I noticed the "Asterisk Version" setting was defaulted to 1.4.something on fresh install and updated it to 13.21.1-vici per the asterisk version installed with the vicibox-express option. Without updating this I'd get the time sync error, so this was corrected.

I also ensured the proper IP was used during setup. My carrier settings are as follows

exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERID(all)="Sip Pup" <8005555555>)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/MyTrunk/${EXTEN:1},,To)
exten => _91NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup

When placing an outbound call manually the call connects as expected and if I hang up the call can disposition normally, but the "Waiting for ring" never stops and eventually renders an error after the dial timeout expires. This doesn't disconnect the call, the timer just stops at 1.

There are also issues connecting inbound calls to agents, On-hook the phone rings but hangs up after pickup and the call stays in the inbound group queue.

When not set to On-Hook the call simply waits in the inbound group without popping into the agent session (not on pause).

I'm guessing these issues are related.

What else should I be looking for, or is there a relevant log that might give me and us some more information
Last edited by sip-puppy on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sip-puppy

Re: Manual Dial "Waiting for ring"

Postby sip-puppy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:00 pm

It was my dial plan causing the outbound issue, I'll configure my caller ID the normal way rather than forcing it manually.

Inbound issue persists but I'll open a new topic.
sip-puppy

Re: Manual Dial "Waiting for ring"

Postby sip-puppy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Fixed issue with inbound as well by setting campaign to ratio instead of Inbound_Man.. and also remembering to select Blended on login.

All issues resolved**

edit** On-Hook agent pickup still hangs up immediately
sip-puppy

Re: Manual Dial "Waiting for ring" *Resolved*

Postby mflorell » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:15 am

I did fix a rare issue with Asterisk 13 for some users with On-Hook agent phones last night. Try upgrading to the most recent svn/trunk, reboot your dialers and see if that fixes your issues.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support