On-Hook Delay in call landing

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

On-Hook Delay in call landing

Postby sohaib » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:48 am

Hi,

I have setup on hook vicidial agent. but on some calls, when agent answer the incoming call, it keeps the call in queue and caller keep listing the queue music. after sometime it start ringing another agent (it goes like 1st agent was not available). but after answering 2nd agent, it lands fine.

It does not happen frequently, but it happens like 20 to 30 times in a day. so it creates issue in reporting.

is there any fix for it? or i need to change anything on my side? I have also check system load at that time, but it is perfectly fine.

VERSION: 2.13-576a
BUILD: 161126-2138
Asterisk: 1.8
Ubuntu 12.04
sohaib

Re: On-Hook Delay in call landing

Postby williamconley » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Check your timing. It sounds like your agents are just too slow to answer. If your log shows the seconds of the call, it should bounce to the next agent at the proper time for your settings ... if the agent does not answer within that timeframe, the call will bounce. But the agent who picked up the phone 1 second too late won't know that. They heard a ring tone a second ago, they don't get a "too late" signal: Just dead air (and a fast busy if they stay long enough).

And I'm not going to guarantee that if the timer comes up in the middle of a ring that the ring will stop "mid-tone". It may well finish ringing even though the call is gone. Nature of the beast of OnHook.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support