Dynamic Good Guys DB editor and php7

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dynamic Good Guys DB editor and php7

Postby uselessinfoguru » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 pm

I'm having issues getting the Database Editor created by William to work with php7... i don't know where the error is, but am assuming it's a backward compatibility issue? Anyone else run into this issue?

as a workaround, since i'm hosting a website on the save server, I simply have ports 80 and 81 open, and manage the whitelisted ips through yast firewall, and use phpMyAdmin for a DB editor, but I don't like doing that for security reasons, even with .htaccess, I'd rather not have a DB user with a password accessible at all, so that phpMyAdmin is unusable, and a realize this can be done through whitelisted ips and ssh access, but I really like the dbeditor.php file that was created, as opposed to CLI input and even more so than phpMyAdmin, which I feel is just too bulky for a simple DB editor.

Also need to update my sig, will tomorrow, running single server now off newest iso, latest update, needed leap 42.3 for php7

found this.. https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmysqlezedit/bugs/14/

1/2 an answer there?
VERSION: 2.14-736a | BUILD: 200204-2336| Cluster Setup
uselessinfoguru

Re: Dynamic Good Guys DB editor and php7

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:24 pm

We've not yet upgraded phpmysqlezedit (no time!) to our standardized mysqli functionality. But:

Vicidial has implemented a mysql to mysqli function in many pages. Also, you can (in many cases) swap out mysql for mysqli with minor changes to the options.

Note that "not having a root password" does not block use of phpMyAdmin, just the access to the root user. Cron (and any other user) can still access phpMyAdmin if properly configured.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Dynamic Good Guys DB editor and php7

Postby uselessinfoguru » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Thanks for the info. You're always awesome! :)
VERSION: 2.14-736a | BUILD: 200204-2336| Cluster Setup
uselessinfoguru

Return to Support