Call Menu Phone Directory

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call Menu Phone Directory

Postby c20xh2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:09 am

Hey guys,

Current Install:

VERSION: 2.14-583a
BUILD: 161226-2224

We have an old Vicidial server that let us press the '#' key in our call menu and this give access to the "phone directory" of our team. You then can search for a person extension.

I didn't make that installation and I'm unable to found if it's a Vicidial feature or something else, for now all I found is that entry in the Custom Dialplan Entry of our call menu:

Code: Select all
exten => #,1,AGI(agi-NVA_recording.agi,BOTH------Y---Y---Y---Y)
exten => #,n,Directory(default,default,eb)

I tried a couple of search on the server to find a "Directory" script or something but no luck.

We would like to replicate this feature on our newest install, could anyone point me in the right direction ?

### Edit

I think I found my answer, https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Directory+Application

So "Directory" is an Asterisk application, is it possible to activate it without re-compiling asterisk ?
c20xh2

Re: Call Menu Phone Directory

Postby williamconley » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:32 pm

You can check your extensions.conf (and all files that are included by it) to see if the old system has this loaded, and what commands are involved. Then you can use the asterisk CLI to get the usage of these commands. If the usage help pages are available, the app is loaded. If they are not ... it isn't.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Call Menu Phone Directory

Postby c20xh2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:51 am

Definitely not loaded,

Will take a look at extentions.conf, thank you !
c20xh2

Return to Support