Survey Campaign Accounting for all press 1’s

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Survey Campaign Accounting for all press 1’s

Postby thephaseusa » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 am

When the customer presses 1 on a survey campaign (extension 8373 to do AMD first, then survey method) most of the calls are transferred to a logged in agent who is waiting for calls. However, some press 1’s are dropped, and others also don’t get transferred to an agent. I imagine there are several reasons this can happen. So what I have done is run queries on the campaign lists, identified press 1’s by the INTERESTED written in the security_phrase field. I created a separate campaign caller xxxcloser, and I upload all the press 1s into it a couple of times a day. This isn’t difficult at all. But I wonder can this be automated? I looked at Lists/Drop Lists but that pulls all drops from all campaigns I believe. And it wouldn’t pull press 1’s that didnt transfer to an agent but were not drops.

My questions are:

1. How could I have all press 1’s transfer to an agent? (Regardless of if they pressed 1 and hung up, or if there wasnt an agent available and it went to status drop, or whatever else could happen to cause the press 1 not to be transferred to an agent)

2. If question 1 cant be solved, what is the best way to gather all press 1’s compare them to the press 1s that a live agent did field, and efficiently call back the press 1s that havent gone to an agent yet? (If there is a better solution than what I am doing now, pulling the press 1’s out of the asterisk MySQL db, uploading them to a closer campaign and auto dialing them.)

I appreciate your time looking at this question kind sirs.

John M
thephaseusa

Re: Survey Campaign Accounting for all press 1’s

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:27 am

There are always going to be calls that fall through the cracks for various reasons, from Asterisk issues to customers who hang up to no agents available.

The best option really is to do what you are doing, and just pull out only what you want from the database directly. We don't have anything that specifically handles only that small subset of lead pulling that you are doing.

As for automating it, it would depend on the queries you are running, could you post them here?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby thephaseusa » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 am

Thanks Matt, I agree, and the query varies each day based on the list i am calling:

Select * from vicidial_list where security_phrase like ‘%INTER%’ and last_local_call_time like ‘%2018-07-24%’ and (list_id = ‘595’ or list_id = ‘601’ or list_id = ‘603’ or list_id = ‘605’)

I export the results of this a couple of times a day, and load leads into my closer campaign.

This system has been working fine. Could I execute in a cron job once an hour?

John
thephaseusa

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 am

Yes, you could do something similar as a crontab entry during production hours. I would usually recommend just moving the affected leads to a different list, instead of inserting them as new leads, but it's not that complex of a process. What are your production hours/days?
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support