Recordings unavailable after configuring archiving

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Recordings unavailable after configuring archiving

Postby scopor » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:30 am

Hi All. I have vicibox 8 installed as an all-in-one vicidial server using the vicibox-express install method. I believe it's the standard ISO. I have added an archive using the vicibox-install method and added it to the setup. All was well until I enabled the script to push the recordings over to the arvhive server. The link on the main server is updated to the archive server. However I am getting an error that the object is not found. The only role I have on the archive is as the name implies archive. I was wondering that if when you click on the link from the main records window if it's expected to launch the processing of the recordings on the archive via http seeing that the web services are not running. I also performed a search for any recordings on the archive and I am not finding any. So now I am not sure where my recordings are. In the mean time I have disabled the archive script from the main server util i can figure this out.

Any ideas as to how to get out of this dilema and the correct way to address this? Did I miss anything? This is the first time I am setting up an archive server. I thought i understand what I read here on the forum but I guess I missed something fundamental.
je
scopor

Re: Recordings unavailable after configuring archiving

Postby Vince-0 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:58 am

Archive server receives on FTP and serves on HTTP.
Make sure your HTTP service on there is looking at the correct folders and permissions.
Check the error_log?
Vince-0

Re: Recordings unavailable after configuring archiving

Postby uncapped_shady » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:21 pm

This sounds like a permissions issue to me.
Make sure that you have the correct permissions in place to the archive location.

Check the settings in your /etc/vsftpd.conf

ensure the settings are set as per below:

# Default umask for local users is 077. You may wish to change this to 022,
local_umask=022
# Default umask for anonymus users is 077. You may wish to change this to 022,
#anon_umask=022

let me know if this assisted.
uncapped_shady

Return to Support