Remote Agent dialing on a survey campaign

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Remote Agent dialing on a survey campaign

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:48 am

I have a survey campaign set to Routing Extension 8373, AMD send to Action Y, CPD AMD Action Message, Answering Machine Message: mymessage.

For Remote Agent i set the campaign to the same survey campaign. What External Extension should be entered which will route press 1’s to any agent logged into the survey campaign?

Thanks
John M
thephaseusa

Re: Remote Agent dialing on a survey campaign

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 am

A Remote Agent is an agent, so the calls will be routed to whatever dialplan number you enter in the Remote Agent screen.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 am

Okay so to route it has to call a phone number? I tried putting in the dial plan of one of my DID numbers and it works now.
A dialplan number cant be an extension?

Thanks Matt
John
thephaseusa

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 am

A dialplan number can be any extension accessible from the default context.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:48 am

Thank you Matt. The reason I am testing Remote Agents calling a press 1 campaign is because if an agent logs in normally the asterisk server he is logged in to can call around 100 numbers for him. If that isn’t enough numbers and you need 4 asterisk servers calling 100 numbers apiece would Remote Agents be the right solution? 4 remote agents on 4 different asterisk servers activated to the same survey campaign, with press 1’s going to the campaigns ingroup or DID incoming number?

I have it working by using 91xxxxxxx but would it be faster to route to an ingroup, and if so what would be the dial plan for that?

John
thephaseusa

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:29 pm

You can have dialing-only servers with no agents on them, The SHORT/FILL balance dialing process will place enough calls if the dialer thinks more should be placed without having to have something like remote agents logged in.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Thank you Matt Florell! I can’t believe I didn’t know that!

I changed Auto Dial Limit to 300.
I changed Max Trunks to 75 on 4 asterisk servers. Calls per second 3.
I set my campaign to Dial Method Ratio and Auto Dial Level 300.
I logged in as an agent and unpaused, and watched the real time report. Pretty soon VICIdial was dialing 300 numbers, which were spread out over 4 asterisk servers. A beautiful thing))))

You are already a famous man in the call center world Matt. Some day you will be just plain famous.

Thanks again sir.

John M
thephaseusa

Return to Support