Autodial Lag

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Autodial Lag

Postby hashtagjet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 am

Hi,

I have two types of campaign on vici at the moment. Manual dialing and auto dial. The manual dial is pretty straightforward. As soon as it rings, the phone seems to ring on the other end and when they answer, it goes through instantly. Using autodial on the other hand, I seem to get a lag. When the other end answers, it sometimes takes two "Hello"s before it registers the call as answered and passes it to the agent. Sometimes after a few "Hello"s it thinks it didn't connect and drops the connection despite the person on the phone actually talking on the other end.

Am I missing something on the configuration that could be causing this? I'm very new to this and don't know where to start looking. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
Jet
hashtagjet

Re: Autodial Lag

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:18 am

Are you using Answering Machine Detection?
Have you tried testing with a different carrier?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby hashtagjet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi Mflorell,

I have tried another carrier but they were having issues with the autodial and haven't had response from them since last week. Still looking for another provider for now.

Regarding answering machine detection. I don't seem to see any settings in the UI. I'm not even sure where I would find if I have answering machine detection on. Could you point me to the right direction here? All I see in the campaign relating to answering machine on the screenshot below.

Cheers,
Jet
hashtagjet

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 am

What is your "Routing Extension" set to?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:54 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Is your server ... virtual? (VPS, cloud, Amazon ...?)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hashtagjet » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi Mflorell,

Thanks for that. It was apparently on 8369. I switched it to 8368. Worked like a charm :-) You're a legend!

@williamconley
Thanks for the tip. Will keep that in mind next time. :-)
hashtagjet

Return to Support