Using Variable in 3-Way Calling

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Using Variable in 3-Way Calling

Postby sohaib » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:32 am

Hi,

I am facing issue while using incoming call variable while transfer the call.

The scenario is, when call comes in we have an option for customer to select language, when customer press 1 for example it select english language, i use a variable here ${lang} for storing language selection.

now when call transferred to agent and then agent need to transfer the call to an IVR for verification of pin code, it should use the ${lang} variable here to play IVR in selected value. here i am facing issue that how can I use ${lang} variable in 3-way calling

Please help me in this case, i will be very thankful

If my case is not clear please do let me know so that i can make it more clear as possible.

Sohaib Khan
sohaib

Re: Using Variable in 3-Way Calling

Postby mflorell » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:11 pm

I suppose that's possible using Custom Dialplan Entries in Call Menus with VICIdial, but I've never done anything like that, and I'm not sure if the channel variables would survive transfers or not, depending on the Asterisk version you are using.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby sohaib » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:53 am

my vicidial version is
VERSION: 2.13-576a
BUILD: 161126-2138
© 2016 ViciDial Group

asterisk version is 1.8.24

I tried to use inherited variable with __lang but when start 3 way calling it does not recall it's value. I believe it is because that 3-way calling start another new local channel and the actuall call was using another channel name. can I use that same channel name while starting 3-way call?
sohaib

Postby mflorell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:41 am

Exactly, there is no easy way currently to make a new 3way call inherit the channel variables of one of the other channels in the conference. I'm sure it could be programmed, but it would not be simple or fast to do so.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support