ViciBox Server v8 Firstboot issues

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciBox Server v8 Firstboot issues

Postby brandonmc125 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:01 am

Hi All,

I'm trying to install ViciBox Server v8 via the ISO, however the firstboot process never runs, and if run manually, it states there are no commands and then halts the server.

I have tried via a VPS as well as VMware ESXi 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, Fusion and Workspaces. It doesnt work on any of them.

Can anyone provide some insight? I'm trying to dissect the v7 firstboot config and adapt it to v8, but if I'm missing something, any insight would be awesomely wonderful and appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon
brandonmc125

Re: ViciBox Server v8 Firstboot issues

Postby williamconley » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:04 pm

Are you following the instructions from the Vicibox.com website's installation PDF?

Installation of Vicibox doesn't start automatically. You have to initiate the installation process for the OS at the command line, and it's not "firstboot".

If you're saying you already installed Vicibox and it boots from the OS on your freshly installed HD ... same thing applies for the Vicibox software installation. It's not started by the firstboot process. It's manually started.

I hope your virtual installation is meant only as a sandbox/devel server. You can't use Vicidial in a virtual environment for production unless you only have 1 or 2 agents with 2 or 3 phone calls.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby brandonmc125 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:46 pm

I've been running Vicidial virtualized for this particular client with 0 performance issues. It is only 5 agents, and they run their outbound campaigns with 0 issues.

Anyway, RTFM is a good idea :)

I stupidly skipped the "OS Installation" section :(

tchau
brandonmc125

Postby williamconley » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 pm

brandonmc125 wrote:I've been running Vicidial virtualized for this particular client with 0 performance issues. It is only 5 agents, and they run their outbound campaigns with 0 issues.

Anyway, RTFM is a good idea :)

I stupidly skipped the "OS Installation" section :(

tchau

Sometimes we're in a hurry and miss the little stuff. lol

If you're having good luck with only 5 agents, consider yourself very lucky. Remember that if they decide to increase capacity, be sure to warn in advance that a bare metal server may be in their immediate future. Better that than a surprise.

Note that it's not about "server resources" or anything you can see "about to happen" in a process or performance monitor. When the server starts to have unexplainable errors … you've hit your limit. Perl hi-res timing expects every tick of the processor and apparently just forgets to do things on a missing ticket (among other challenges). So enjoy your Virtualness, but don't promise a client more capacity on that virtual host without testing higher capacity in advance.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support