Lists not dialing/dialable.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Lists not dialing/dialable.

Postby Stinger554 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Hello,

I am having an issue where some of our lists are not dialing. The lead status' are dialable by the campaign and they are in the not called status, but no leads inside that list will dial.

The campaign is dialing other lists and I don't see any reason why this list shouldn't dial. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
VERSION: 2.14-675a
BUILD: 180520-1749
Asterisk Version: 1.8.32.2-vici
Stinger554

Re: Lists not dialing/dialable.

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 pm

1) You are in a very old version of Vicidial. One that none of our clients ever actually used, so I'm not familiar with the bugs that may have been in that version. Seriously Consider Upgrading.

2) You did not post your installation Method (with version). This has been known to be useful information.

3) Do you have any filters or calling times on the campaign that may be related to your issue?

4) Do these leads show in the "available to be dialed" count for the campaign? (disable the other lists to verify)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby Stinger554 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:05 am

williamconley wrote:1) You are in a very old version of Vicidial. One that none of our clients ever actually used, so I'm not familiar with the bugs that may have been in that version. Seriously Consider Upgrading.

2) You did not post your installation Method (with version). This has been known to be useful information.

3) Do you have any filters or calling times on the campaign that may be related to your issue?

4) Do these leads show in the "available to be dialed" count for the campaign? (disable the other lists to verify)

1. I'm aware I have inherited this Vici cluster for administration it was one of the first things I brought up, but have been told we cannot upgrade due to custom code. :/

2. I believe it was through ViciBox CD install, though I cannot be certain as I did not set the servers up and the person who did has left the company.

3. I made sure the filters were turned off. As for call times they shouldn't have been an issue because at the time of checking we were within the call time parameters.

4. Are you referring to the "STATUSES WITHIN THE ACTIVE LISTS FOR THIS CAMPAIGN:" table? Inside the list under the "STATUSES WITHIN THIS LIST:" table none of the leads are under dialable.

Thanks for the response and assistance.
Stinger554

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:23 am

Stinger554 wrote:
williamconley wrote:1) You are in a very old version of Vicidial. One that none of our clients ever actually used, so I'm not familiar with the bugs that may have been in that version. Seriously Consider Upgrading.

1. I'm aware I have inherited this Vici cluster for administration it was one of the first things I brought up, but have been told we cannot upgrade due to custom code. :/

2. I believe it was through ViciBox CD install, though I cannot be certain as I did not set the servers up and the person who did has left the company.

3. I made sure the filters were turned off. As for call times they shouldn't have been an issue because at the time of checking we were within the call time parameters.

4. Are you referring to the "STATUSES WITHIN THE ACTIVE LISTS FOR THIS CAMPAIGN:" table? Inside the list under the "STATUSES WITHIN THIS LIST:" table none of the leads are under dialable.

Thanks for the response and assistance.

3) Set time to 24 hrs to verify. TZ concerns can be dealt with ... but if you rule them out by setting time to 24 hrs temporarily, then you know if you have to deal with TZ issues or not.

4) Nope. I refer to activating and deactivating those lists on the campaign. Deactivate all the other lists and see if these lists show dialable numbers (and if those dialable numbers go away when you deactivate these lists). This is to clearly demonstrate whether the Vicidial lead management system believes these lists have dialable leads or not. Completely different approach based on the answer.
williamconley

Postby Stinger554 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 am

williamconley wrote:3) Set time to 24 hrs to verify. TZ concerns can be dealt with ... but if you rule them out by setting time to 24 hrs temporarily, then you know if you have to deal with TZ issues or not.

4) Nope. I refer to activating and deactivating those lists on the campaign. Deactivate all the other lists and see if these lists show dialable numbers (and if those dialable numbers go away when you deactivate these lists). This is to clearly demonstrate whether the Vicidial lead management system believes these lists have dialable leads or not. Completely different approach based on the answer.

3. I did this and they became dialable which didn't make sense to me so I looked at the call time that I had assigned to the campaign and it had some state restrictions on it...oh the joys of inheriting another's setup. I believe removing those state restrictions should resolve the issue. Thank you very much!
Stinger554

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:04 pm

This could indicate a problem with the system assigning TZs to the leads during import or nightly. There's a script in crontab -e that runs at 1&7 am. If that script is not functioning properly, all the imported leads may be in the wrong TZ. Also, time may be incorrect on your server. Happy Hunting 8-)
williamconley

Postby Stinger554 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:15 pm

williamconley wrote:This could indicate a problem with the system assigning TZs to the leads during import or nightly. There's a script in crontab -e that runs at 1&7 am. If that script is not functioning properly, all the imported leads may be in the wrong TZ. Also, time may be incorrect on your server. Happy Hunting 8-)

It was the call time restrictions Thanks for your help.

Slightly off-topic is there a way to upgrade Vicidial servers without losing custom code outside of copying that code outside of the servers and then putting them back in that you are aware of?
Stinger554

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Custom code may or may not fit into the new web pages. So upgrading always requires checking any custom code. We prefer to write custom code into non-vicidial pages so the code doesn't get blown away. If necessary, we "include" the custom code into the core code, then an upgrade may only require "re-including" the custom code in various places. However, a deep integration can make this imposssible.

Some situations allow for a DIFF against the original core vicidial pages to produce a patch file that can be run against the newer pages. But your version is so old ... that's not very likely to work.

Summary: No way to know without looking at the code or testing it.
williamconley

Return to Support