CallerID Showing up in comments field.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CallerID Showing up in comments field.

Postby codemonkey76 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 am

For some reason inbound calls, caller id is showing up in comments field, therefore, it is not matching up with the leads.

I am not sure where to go to fix this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.
codemonkey76

Re: CallerID Showing up in comments field.

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Inbound calls are managed first in the Inbound menu's "Show DIDs" submenu. In the Modify DID page, there is a setting you should look at called "In-Group Call Handle Method". Hint: If this option is set to "CID", the system will *ALWAYS* make a new lead.

Inbound calls will never be matched with existing leads, because the system is configured not to match until you tell it how you want them matched.

4) Happy Hunting. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby codemonkey76 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Thank you very much for your response.

The installation of Vicidial was done by a 3rd party contractor who is unavailable to help with this issue.

VERSION: 2.14-639a
BUILD: 171028-0913
running on Dell R610.

In-Group Call Handle Method is set to CID. I have changed to CIDLOOKUP, to see if this rectifies the issue, I'll post back with results.
codemonkey76

Postby williamconley » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:49 pm

codemonkey76 wrote:Thank you very much for your response.

The installation of Vicidial was done by a 3rd party contractor who is unavailable to help with this issue.

VERSION: 2.14-639a
BUILD: 171028-0913
running on Dell R610.

In-Group Call Handle Method is set to CID. I have changed to CIDLOOKUP, to see if this rectifies the issue, I'll post back with results.

Good postback. It may be a good idea to log into the Linux CLI, which will give you the Vicibox Installer Version. This info may prove useful in future discussions. You should put the installer and Vicidial with versions/build in your signature along with your RAM and core count and speed. While they may not be an issue today, when they do become an issue you're very likely to NOT be in a situation where taking the time to get this info is a lot of fun. Usually there's a bit of panic associated with "dialer down!" moments. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support