Settings getting reset

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Settings getting reset

Postby rogerfinch » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi Folks,

I have just installed vicidial using Vicibox8. I successfully configured the network ip configuration using Yast Lan command. Now the problem i am having right now is that once i restart the Vicibox server, all the IP configuration gets lost.

Anyway to prevent this from happening ?
rogerfinch

Re: Settings getting reset

Postby williamconley » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:36 am

Please post the full version of your installer (in fact: Any time you post a version, always post the full version). When you later request support for Vicidial itself, always post the full version including build.

In this case, you should be using the PDF from the Vicibox.com website to perform your installation. Since you are following instructions from that PDF, you should be posting the page where you found the instructions for setting the network that seems to be failing. The details of what you do to set the network are important. "yast lan" is merely one command. What came before it? What came after? The page you were on would clue us in, of course.

FYI: It's not normal for the network settings to revert if they have been properly set. So there's a fundamental flaw happening here.

Please verify that you've actually used the installation PDF from the beginning and not "gone your own way" to try to figure out how to perform the install.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support