Cant call outbound from branch office

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Cant call outbound from branch office

Postby Khanyasi » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello Experts, We are using Vicidial version 2.6-381a with Asterisk 1.4.44-VICI, we have just recently opened new office location we are using snom 710 phone that connects to our vicidial phone server in main branch we don't have phone server in that location, the inbound calls are working IVR is calling okay but when we try to call any internal extensions or outbound calls from that location the phone gives network error and in web interface of snom 710 says registration failed, i have checked the registration code and made sure snom phone is configured the way our other 65 extensions in other locations are configured, i have checked firewall on the router of that location i have also opened ports 5061, 5061 in that router but not sure why i cannot dial out, also the new office location network is PPTP and our head office is VPLS network.
Khanyasi

Re: Cant call outbound from branch office

Postby Khanyasi » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:55 pm

I have got it resolved it was our router MTU settings so just run this script in a browser to allow packets to be fragmented by router just replace ip address with your actual phone ip
192.168.x.x/?settings=save&ip_frag_enable=on
Khanyasi

Return to Support