Dial a new number within same lead

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dial a new number within same lead

Postby ccabrera » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to dial a new number while being inside an existing lead, but without having to add that new number as an alt phone?

My scenario is like this:

I've a predictive campaign which dials an existing list. Calls get answered and then get transferred to an agent. We are using pre-populated custom fields.

From time to time, the customer asks the agent to call him on a different number, but due to our client's policy, we cannot add this new number to any of the fields for that lead. We must keep the contact info the way the client provided it to us.

What I would like to do, is to let the agent hangup the initial call, and instead of dispo, dial a manual alt number without adding it to the list AND keep the custom fields in screen the way they were with the initial customer information.

Is this possible? Every time I've tried using the manual dial with a new number I end up creating a new lead, and then I miss the already filled custom fields which I need.

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Re: Dial a new number within same lead

Postby thephaseusa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Have you tried using address3 field for this? If you make alt number dialing yes at the campaign level, on a single call or on all calls you can check the alt number field before pause, enter a number in either add3 or altnumber, hang up the call and immediately dial the number you just put in address3 or alt number. We just started using that feature and it works great.
John M
thephaseusa

Re: Dial a new number within same lead

Postby ccabrera » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. However, adding a phone number in ADDRESS3 would mean that the lead information is being altered, and due to our client's policy, we cannot do that. The only thing we are supposed to modify are some questions which we use as custom fields, but the original lead info must remain intact (no changes, no additions).

What I'm looking for is being able to dial a number "off the record" but still have access to the FORM tab for a specific lead we already opened.

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Return to Support